2017 Agenda Soundbites
Case studies on 'Ocean Victory' & 'Volcafe'
Indepth examination of 'Ocean Victory' in relation to safe ports and 'Volcafe' for voyage charterparties
Analyse potential claims for speed, consumption and vessel performance under time charters
Laytime and demurrage including calculation of laytime
Examining off -hire issues
Identify when a vessel goes off-hire and discuss solutions with Nevil Phillips of Quadrant Chambers
Key learning objectives
- Update your knowledge and expertise in negotiating time and voyage charterparties
- In-depth examination of common issues that cause difficulties in charterparties
- Identify your delivery and redelivery obligations and avoid unnecessary delays
- Assess off-hire circumstances and examine how payment and equitable set off from hire can be dealt with
- Focus on seaworthiness, cargo worthiness, loading, storage and discharge in the voyage charterparty
- Explore common disputes in speed, consumption and vessel performance
- Understand the inter-relationship between bills of lading and time charterparties
- Use a laytime and demurrage workshop to understand how to manage claims
Interactive practical sessions to improve your learning experience
- Examine the inter-relationship between bills of lading and charterparties and withdrawal of hire/termination of charterparty
- Time charters workshop analysing potential claims for speed, consumption and vessel performance
- Voyage charters workshop examining the four stages of the voyage charterparty
- Laytime and demurrage case study including calculation of laytime
Who should attend?
This seminar is relevant to all maritime professionals who require advanced level training on time and voyage charterparties, including:
- Ship owners
- Ship managers
Advanced Chartering conferences are CPD Affiliated
If you would like to claim CPD points for attending this conference, please let us know upon registration, or email: email@example.com
In House Training
Globally delivered customised in-company training solutions from the leading supplier of training to the maritime, logistics and energy industries.
In-house training allows you to define the programme that precisely matches your needs. The solution is presented by an established first-rate training organisation, with access to all the latest industry information and news, and at an onsite location of your choice at the time that best suits your people.