2 - 5 April 2019
Paasitorni Congress Centre,
New perspectives on the world's most challenging arena for maritime commerce.
Developing technological capabilities. Improving emergency response. Securing a sustainable future for shipping in the Arctic.
Внимание! Опубликована русскоязычная программа на 2019 год
Все сессии Форума Арктическое Cудоходство 2019 будут синхронно переведены на русский язык. Некоторые из тем, вынесенных на рассмотрение:
Обсуждение запрета на использование СОТ; обзор и критический анализ перевозок по Северному морскому пути; обзор последних новинок судов ледового класса; дискуссии с владельцами и операторами судов на тему логистики и коммерческих перевозок в Арктике; оценка возможностей использования новых видов топлива на ледовых судах; мнение страховщиков и многое другое.
Key Topics for 2019 Include:
Environmental impacts of shipping in the Arctic
- Debate the possible HFO ban for ships in the Arctic
- Assess the differing fuel options for Arctic vessels including LNG and electric-hybrid
- Hear how the oil containment system on 'Polaris' is operating to manage oil spill response in ice-covered waters
- Focus on current ice conditions and projections for 2030-2050
Operations, logistics and planning for ship operations in remote regions
- Hear from MOL on their experiences of the Yamal LNG project
- Discuss innovations in Arctic logistics with Crowley Maritime
- Analyse the 2018 results from the Northern Sea Route
- Learn about Wagenborg's use of walk to work vessels in the Arctic
Loss prevention and risk management
- Understand the insurers' concerns and management of risk for Arctic voyages
- How is the insurance industry using the Polar Code to assess risk?
- What is being done to meet the challenges posed by sailing in ice?
Planning, strategy and new regulations for the Arctic
- Learn about current developments in Russian policy and regulation for the Northern Sea Route
- Understand the importance of Arctic routes and projects for Asian countries
- Hear about North American priorities: US Arctic strategy and Canada's Oceans Protection Plan
New developments in ship design and technology for ice-going vessels
- Renewal of the ice class fleet - what does the order book look like?
- A snapshot of new vessels for Arctic operations, including research vessels, container ships, tankers and cruise vessels
- Propulsion options with new fuels
- Autonomous vessels: technical, insurance and legal issues for use in the Arctic
Choose from special focus tracks and breakout discussions
- Four power hour surgeries:
- modelling risk for black carbon
- ice navigation training to maintain standards of crew training and pilotage
- a guide to undertaking an operational assessment to comply with the Polar Code
- a look at how digital platforms will develop in the Arctic
- Two special focus tracks:
- understanding the fuel options for Arctic shipping
- operation and regulation for Arctic cruising
The numbers that matter
Meet Our Speakers
Attendees made the most of their time at ASF 2018.
They forged new business connections and took part in our programme of informal peer-to-peer sessions. Why not join them in 2019?
NOW OPEN FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE ARCTIC SHIPPING FORUM INNOVATION AWARD 2019
The 2018 Arctic Shipping Forum Innovation Award was won by WE Tech for their Variable Speed Generator Solution.
SHIPOWNERS ATTEND OUR EVENTS FOR FREE AS VIP GUESTS
...and as a result will make up a significant portion of our audience in 2019.
VIP relationship management is a key part of what makes the Arctic Shipping Forum unique and so valuable to our partners. Our dedicated team of VIP Relationship Managers organise exclusive VIP engagement experiences for our partners that offer truly unrivaled opportunities for interaction with potential business partners.
Outstanding networking and business value added presentations
Viking Ice Consultancy
Definitely worth attending for ice tech experts and others
Russian Maritime Register of Shipping
Arctic Shipping Forum has become the annual constant; the event that provides the most opportunity to network with Arctic Shipping operators and suppliers, and to learn what is happening in the industry
Martech Polar Consulting
A great way to stay updated on developments in the Arctic business. Excellent networking opportunity
Harnvig Arctic and Maritime
Very good opportunity for networking