2 - 5 April 2019
Paasitorni Congress Centre,
New perspectives on the world's most challenging arena for maritime commerce.
Developing technological capabilities. Improving emergency response. Securing a sustainable future for shipping in the Arctic.
Последняя версия русскоязычной программы на 2019 год
Как и программа, все сессии Форума Арктическое Cудоходство будут синхронно переведены на русский язык. Некоторые из тем, вынесенных на рассмотрение:
Обсуждение запрета на использование СОТ; обзор и критический анализ перевозок по Северному морскому пути; обзор последних новинок судов ледового класса; дискуссии с владельцами и операторами судов на тему логистики и коммерческих перевозок в Арктике; оценка возможностей использования новых видов топлива на ледовых судах; мнение страховщиков и многое другое.
Key topics for 2019 Include:
Environmental impacts of shipping in the Arctic
- Debate the possible HFO ban for ships in the Arctic
- Assess the differing fuel options for Arctic vessels including LNG and electric-hybrid
- Hear how the oil containment system on 'Polaris' is operating to manage oil spill response in ice-covered waters
- Focus on current ice conditions and projections for 2030-2050
Operations, logistics & planning in remote regions
- Hear from MOL on their experiences of the Yamal LNG project
- Discuss innovations in Arctic logistics with Crowley Maritime
- Analyse the 2018 results from the Northern Sea Route
- Learn about Wagenborg's use of walk to work vessels in the Arctic
Loss prevention and risk management
- Understand the insurers' concerns and management of risk for Arctic voyages
- How is the insurance industry using the Polar Code to assess risk?
- What is being done to meet the challenges posed by sailing in ice?
Planning, strategy and new regulations for the Arctic
- Learn about current developments in Russian policy and regulation for the Northern Sea Route
- Understand the importance of Arctic routes and projects for Asian countries
- Hear about North American priorities: US Arctic strategy and Canada's Oceans Protection Plan
New developments in ship design and technology for ice-going vessels
- Renewal of the ice class fleet – what does the order book look like?
- A snapshot of new vessels for Arctic operations, including research vessels, container ships, tankers and cruise vessels
- Propulsion options with new fuels
- Autonomous vessels: technical, insurance and legal issues for use in the Arctic
Enhancing maritime domain awareness and connectivity in the Arctic
A specially focussed one-day seminar covering:
- Best ways of receiving ice information and forecasting for ship routing
- Current and future state of ship-to-shore and ship-to-ship communication in the Arctic
- Trends in big data and cloud based services
- Developments in satellites for communications and tracking
- Case study on use of CubeSat for EEER in the Arctic
Meet our speakers
The numbers that matter
Attendees made the most of their time at ASF 2018.
They forged new business connections and took part in our programme of informal peer-to-peer sessions. Why not join them in 2019?
Arctic Shipping Forum Innovation Award 2019
Take the opportunity to participate in our annual quest to identify individuals and organisations who deserve recognition for their outstanding achievements and contributions to shipping in the Arctic region.
NEW for 2019: Lifetime Achievement Award.
Tell us about the hard work and achievements of your peers, colleagues and clients or even your own. Submit your nominations now for free. Deadline for submissions is 19 March 2019
SHIPOWNERS ATTEND FOR FREE AS VIP GUESTS
Apply for your free all-access pass and join representatives from over 10 maritime nations, and companies including:
Alcatel-Lucent Submarine Networks • Tevo Lokomo • NYK Line • Mitsui OSKl Lines • ABB • Nordic Bulk Carriers • Ponant • Alfons Håkans • Roswell Tankers and many more.
Click the button below to apply for your free place. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take your career further
Arctic Shipping Forum is now officially CPD-accredited. Conference attendees will be able to claim up to 50 CPD points for their learning and networking activities.
For further information on CPD accreditation and how to claim your certificate please email email@example.com.
Outstanding networking and business value added presentations
Viking Ice Consultancy
Definitely worth attending for ice tech experts and others
Russian Maritime Register of Shipping
Arctic Shipping Forum has become the annual constant; the event that provides the most opportunity to network with Arctic Shipping operators and suppliers, and to learn what is happening in the industry
Martech Polar Consulting
A great way to stay updated on developments in the Arctic business. Excellent networking opportunity
Harnvig Arctic and Maritime
Very good opportunity for networking