30 October 2017 - 1 November 2017
Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain,
Exploring the latest in operations, design and technology for shipping in the Arctic
Attend the largest Arctic shipping conference in North America for essential information on the Polar Code in practice
What Will You Hear About in 2017?
Attendees will hear about :
- Shipowners and operators’ insights into operating commercial shipping ice-covered waters
- The latest in new ship and propulsion design for ice-going vessels
- The impact of entry into force of the Polar Code and current implementation
- A step by step to obtaining a polar ship certificate
- Current and future cargo trends and infrastructure developments for the Arctic and northern communities
- Innovations in communications in the high north
Arctic Shipping North America Innovation Award 2017
The Award is presented to a company or individual that develops a new technology, environmental practice or service of benefit to Arctic shipping and the Arctic communities. Nominations will open on 1st July 2017.
Knut Espen Solberg, Principal Specialist Winterization, GMC Maritime AS won the Award for his work on SARex - full scale testing of life saving appliances with regards to the IMO Polar Code requirement of a minimum of 5 days survival time
Technical seminars focussing on key elements in Arctic shipping
- risk management for ice-going voyages
- development of expedition cruise shipping in the Arctic
- the options for efficient ice operations
- new ship designs for extreme conditions
Arctic Shipping North America in detail:
150+ Industry Professionals
Attendees can meet and network with representatives from all the stakeholders in the Arctic Shipping industry.
15+ Networking Hours
Numerous networking opportunities include interactive discussion groups, network development lunches, drinks receptions and refreshment breaks.
50+ Expert Speakers
Hear from expert industry speakers on a broad range of hot topic issues including the impact of the entry into force of the Polar Code, new Arctic shipping design and technology, innovation and infrastructure developments in the north
Don't just take our word for it
"You folks still offer best value for meeting operators, academics, and stakeholders in arctic marine issues."
R. KROEKER, Northern Coordinator, NSS
"It's an excellent chance for networking. You've got an excellent cross-section of the Arctic shipping world. From small vessels to large vessels, ice-breakers, suppliers - the whole range."
TERRY KENNEDY, ION
"Very well organised, moderated and excellent content from speakers."
P CORDEIRO, NWP Marine
VIP Shipowners Attend for Free
Shipowners attend our events for free as VIP guests and as a result will make up a significant portion of our audience in 2017. VIP relationship management is a key part of what makes the Arctic Shipping North America Forum unique and so valuable to our partners.
Our dedicated team of VIP Relationship Managers organise exclusive VIP engagement experiences for our partners that offer truly unrivalled opportunities for interaction with potential business partners.VIP engagement experiences include:
- Private welcome drinks reception- Private informal dinner- Themed breakfast meetings- Local area sightseeing tours- Fun networking activities