Bills of Lading Seminar
Analyse the commercial and legal complexities of Bills of Lading
Understand the different functions of the bill of lading, P&I developments in claims, application of different rules and common bulk carriage issues.
Key topics on the agenda:
- The background, structure and context of the bill of lading
- The function of the bill of lading as a receipt, a document of title and a contract of carriage
- The problems caused by negotiating bills of lading
- The rules in relation to the bill of lading
- Current sanctions regimes
- Remedies for claims by ship and cargo
- Why you need a letter of indemnity
Plenty of learning and networking opportunities
- Studying real‐life situations, apply theory to practice in working groups to consider dealing with sub-contractors within combined bills of lading
NEW for 2018! Practical surgery session:
- Utilise the expertise of your chairman and have your unique bills of lading concerns addressed and questions answered. Ask on the day or email questions in advance to email@example.com
- Issues relating to wet and dry cargoes
The Bills of Lading Seminar is CPD affiliated.
This seminar is worth 12 CPD hours. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy – part of Informa UK Ltd – is an accredited trainer with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Get expert insight
We spoke to 7 maritime innovation experts including blockchain startup CargoX about the digitisation of bills of lading documents and their successful first journey.
Your lecturers include:
Benefit from the legal expertise of practising QCs, partners, and directors from renowned maritime law firms and chambers as well as experienced legal academics.
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399