7 - 9 March 2017
1 - 3 Bonhill House,
30th Annual Cargo Claims In Practice Seminar
Benefit from our industry experts and real case studies to get you up to speed in cargo claims handling, contracts and liability.
Thank you to everyone who attended this year’s course
- Understand the importance of the bill of lading and why it is necessary as a contract of carriage
- Assess which rules apply and the incorporation of charterparty terms
- Learn about contemporary issues affecting cargo claims such as sanctions
- Identify the parties to the cargo claim and understand which party is entitled to bring the claim
- Gain a working knowledge of key documentation, important contract clauses and the liability regimes under the Rules
Maximise your learning and networking opportunities with our interactive sessions:
- Practical workshop on establishing and handling a cargo claim
- Case study on liquid and gas cargoes
- Case study on bulk and steel cargoes
- Join your speakers and fellow attendees for networking drinks
- The principles of cargo claims: the rules, the contract and current trends
- Trends update: what is currently happening in the cargo claims sector?
- Effectively negotiating security
- Understanding key issues relating to the delivery of cargo
- Managing your defence of a cargo claim
- Wet and dry cargoes: identifying the risks and effective quality control
- Examining liability regimes and measures of indemnity
- Analysing evidence in cargo claims
Meet our 2017 Speakers
Who should attend?
Relevant to all professionals involved in the marine claims handling process including:
Shipowners/ operators/ managers
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Whether it's to improve your operational efficiency, reduce your costs, enhance your business potential, or widen your knowledge we have the training course for you.
If there's an area of the maritime industry that you need to know about it will be covered in our extensive portfolio including technical, legal, offshore, ports and terminals, environment, financial, insurance, fuel management.
CARGO CLAIMS IN PRACTICE IS CPD AFFILIATED
16 hours CPD points - The Solicitors Regulation Authority
Informa UK Ltd is an accredited trainer with the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Very good and interesting programme
Good balance of basics and more detailed knowledge pitched well.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
We are happy to work closely with you to create bespoke packages which take into account your current marketing strategies and budgets. If you’d like to get involved in one of our events we can offer a range of ideas which highlight your expertise.
Globally delivered customised in-company training solutions from the leading supplier of training to the maritime, logistics and energy industries
In-house training allows you to define the programme that precisely matches your needs. The solution is presented by an established first-rate training organisation, with access to all the latest industry information and news, and at an onsite location of your choice at the time that best suits your people.
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 4455