CMA Shipping in Numbers
POWER: Sustaining the Environment and Profitability.
How a revolution in marine fuel regulations and digital technology will reshape every aspect of the global shipping industry - from shipowners to charterers, financiers to lawyers, port state control, vendors, managers, brokers…and beyond.
Heads of State Summit
- Hear from leaders of the world's critical shipping, regulatory and trade organizations about paths to economic and environmental sustainability.
- Leadership in a new norm - strategies to putting your business on the right side of opportunity.
- As one of the largest industrial consumers of fuel, the opportunity to do great things is enormous.
- Find out how to turn the revolution in Marine fuel regulations to your advantage
- Technology is in the process of reshaping every aspect of the global shipping industry - how can your company stay ahead of the curve?
Creating Climate Wealth
- Commercial drivers: making money in shipping
- A De-carbonizing world: What do shippers want, need or expect? What do shareholders expect? Financiers? What can owners feasibly deliver?
- Market, trade and freight insights from leading industry players.
Marine Fuel Winners & Losers: $1 Trillion Industry at the Fulcrum of Change
- $1 Trillion business on the precipice of change
- What are the questions that bunker suppliers and buyers should be asking?
- What does 0.50% sulphur fuel look like: compatibility, stability, storage and handling?
- Real time insights on 2020 implications: availability and infrastructure developments in Panama (A Case Study)
- Re-thinking trading: how IMO 2020 will affect the bunker trading industry
- What are the investment opportunities for the new infrastructure developments? What is urgent for the industry, and where do the opportunities lie?
- Examine successful development Projects through: infrastructure, trade and finance
- Development opportunities in offshore wind, short sea shipping and modernizing ports & terminals
The human element: It’s complicated
A don’t miss session for owners, operators and charterers of vessels, with more than 60,000 vessels plying the oceans of the world 24/7, the technical management of vessels and care for crew are essential to safety, environmental protection and profitability. What the best are doing about ensuring those standards, supporting our seafarers and preparing for the future...
The Commodore Debate
Industry leaders discuss the industry and where it may be mid-21st century:
- Digitalization and New Tech Networks
- Securing Capital for a Safe Future
- Regulatory Normalcy - What is this?
- Our People
- Logistics: A Revolution or Evolution
There is Posidonia, Nor-Shipping, SMM and CMA Shipping...
“It was a raucous gathering at this year’s CMA, the annual three-day bash of the Connecticut Maritime Association in Stamford, Connecticut. More than 2,300 of the best and brightest (and richest) came from far and wide to renew old acquaintances and make new ones- and do some wheeling and dealing while they were at it.”
Industry leaders from around the world descended on Stamford last week for the Connecticut Maritime Association (CMA)’s Shipping 2018.
CMA Shipping 2018, North America’s premier international shipping trade conference and exhibition, gathered the shipping community during its 33rd annual event held on 12-14 March 2018.
Hellenic Shipping News
The Connecticut Maritime Association
CMA Shipping 2019 is brought to you by the CMA.