Call for Papers
CMA Shipping 2020 will bring together 2500+ ship owners, brokers, managers, charterers, shipyards, ports, class societies, regulators and suppliers.
Would you like to present at CMA Shipping 2020? We are currently accepting abstracts, which will be reviewed by the CMA Shipping Advisory Committee. Details on key themes and how to submit your abstract are detailed below.
Themes for CMA Shipping 2020
We are currently researching a range of key topic areas to develop the 2020 conference. If you are an expert in one of these fields please contact us. All abstracts will be reviewed by the CMA Shipping Advisory Committee.
- Brown water
- Circular economy
- Manning and training
- Regulations and 2050 targets
- Smart Operations
- Wealth Creation
How to submit your abstract
All abstracts must be submitted by Friday, August 30th 2019. Send your abstract(s) to CMACallforPapers@informa.com.
Please note that submitting an abstract does not guarantee a speaking slot at the conference.
Abstract information should include:
- Paper title
- Authors and co-authors
- Paper outline (abstract should be no more than 150 words)
- Duration of presentations will be 30 minutes
The following criteria will be applied by the Committee in the selection process:
- Technical originality
- Papers will be accepted on technical merit, not commercial promotion of products
- Papers which offer innovative solutions
(Joint presentations between project/pipeline operators and technology providers are welcome)
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the CMA Shipping Advisory Committee
- It is a pre-requisite of paper acceptance that authors provide a full written paper/manuscript and a technical PowerPoint presentation. Authors not able to meet the criteria will be withdrawn from the programme.
CMA Shipping Advisory Committee
To ensure the integrity of the programme and to retain a high‐level of content an Advisory Committee is used to assist with the programme development and to determine the suitability and relevance of submitted papers.
Author Registration Details
- Authors presenting the paper on the day will be automatically registered to attend the conference only (March 31 – April 2 2020) free of charge.
- Co‐authors will receive a 20% discount on the registration fees.
- Speakers/authors/co‐authors will be responsible for any costs associated with attending this event (travel, accommodation, general expenses, etc.)
Meet the CMA Shipping Advisory Committee
Americas Account Director, Lloyd’s List Intelligence, an Informa Company &
Board Member for the Young Shipping Professionals of NY (YSPNY)
Founder, Owner and Director, Shipping Innovation Ltd
Founder, Owner and Managing Director, Petrospot Ltd