23-25 May 2018
Thank you to all of our delegates, speakers, sponsors and partners for making CCE 2017 such a great event!
The Annual Meeting of the Crewing Industry in Europe | Essential Knowledge. Essential Networking. Solutions for recruitment, training and welfare for seafarers in the digital age
CrewConnect Europe in Numbers
Recruitment & Retention
Join industry leaders and rising stars as we discuss the ways of optimising recruitment and retention of crew, including:
- “Disruption Required”: Shipping must change tactics to recruit the future workforce
- Recruiting for competency: What is your crewing strategy and how do you measure results?
Responsible Crew Management: Project Kare – a model of effective action to foster engagement and positively impact on business and operations
Marine Education & Training
Participate alongside shipowners, crew managers, regulators and academics in the solutions-oriented discussion on the challenges and opportunities for MET:
- Competency is not just a buzzword. Strategic profiling: What kind of seafarer do we need now and how do we develop competency?
- Some things just cannot be learned from books. Capturing and transfer of knowledge: mentoring, effective teams and soft skills
Is there such thing as a safety culture? Human Factor 3.0
Crew Welfare & Diversity
Understand some of the biggest issues facing seafarers including:
Crew welfare: Dealing with the silent killers: depression, social isolation and suicide
Open Forum: What are we doing to encourage more diversity in shipping and how are we shaping the debate?
- Getting to grips with social security for seafarers. Owner's liability | Rationalising regulation | Next steps
- Connectivity: evolution or revolution? Implications for Crew
Autonomous Vessels and IoT
- From the makers: How will the future of the Maritime industry look like in the era of Ship Intelligence?
From the drawing board to water: Updates from the testing phases for autonomous technology from Norwegian Maritime Authority
The Wrap Up: Shipping Leadership Forum: Is the industry keeping up with technology?
Training in the Digital Age
- Paving the way for a global roll-out of e-Navigation : EfficienSea2
- Navigating information exchange and communication | Lessons from the Sea Traffic Management project
From seventeen to zero -eliminating DP incidents in Offshore Loading by combined training, system development, regulations and formal competency assessment
Disruption in Recruitment and Retention
- LIVE DEMO A different kind of disruption | 1 click to bankruptcy - Could hackers steal my payroll?
- Connectivity: Evolution or Revolution? Part I: What would happen if your crew could access the internet on-board?
"Disruption Required" Shipping must change tactics to recruit the future workforce
Our Influential Speakers Include
BBSM Post-Conference Workshop At A Glance
“Unsafe condition” vs “Unsafe Act” | BBS is the need of the hour with the backing of a strong corporate safety culture |BBS is implemented in phases, which require safety culture assessments, training of employees and follow up.
Safety I's | The 5 best practice safety behaviors which can create and proactive and strong safety culture. A tool developed indigenously by Green-Jakobsen which is successfully being used by a multitude of their clients.
A simplified 3 phase RM process is discussed with the help of animation videos, activities and group discussions for each phase.
Cadet Task Force | Reverse Mentoring in Action
At CrewConnect we aim to create a community where young people can voice their ideas, engage with the industry, inspire and be inspired. This is how Cadet Task Force was born.
The project we have assigned our 2017 Cadet Task Force is Reverse mentoring in action and we will call on our multi-national cadets to show us how it works.
The Task Force is project is kindly supported by Intermanager and facilitated by Capt. Kuba Szymanski.
In anticipation, check out the animation aimed at introducing kids to the possibilities of a career in Maritime, produced by the Task Force in Manila, 2016.
The premier event in the maritime world to meet with crewing and manning companies.
President, Maritime Payment Solutions
We get to interact with all the players and stakeholders within the industry... and it's important for us to be able to hear what they have to say.
Capt. Robert Fay
Senior Vice President, Maritime Operations
IRI Marhsall Islands Registry
The CrewConnect Europe Networking Experience
Benefit from 18+ hours of networking and interactive features
- Start your networking early in a relaxed and informal environment. Make new contacts, catch up with old friends, and interact with fellow delegates and expert speakers.
- Extended Networking Breaks in the Exhibition
- Discuss ideas, reconnect with colleagues or expand your network and get to know potential partners in the CrewConnect Europe Exhibition.
Join our online community Knect365 Maritime Talent & Training
Join the Knect 365 Talent & Training online forum to stay up to date with innovations transforming the maritime industry or share your ideas and become a contributor.
Sign up free
We can provide flexible and tailored solutions to optimise your investment. Below are some examples of how you can get involved at the event.
Our role is to connect you with our community, and give you the opportunity to ensure your brand is front and centre when key procurement decisions are being made. As an event sponsor, we can assist you in developing new business relationships, educate the market on your solutions, and raise your brand in the world's crewing capital. Please feel free to get in touch, and find out how we can support your business strategy.
Please contact Simeon Atkins on: E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +44 (0)20 7017 6911
Lloyd's Maritime Academy: An unrivalled portfolio. Study anytime, anywhere:
Distance learning | Customised in-house solutions | Classroom based
Join a network of 10,000+ professionals who have studied with us over 40 years. Our portfolio ranges from 1-day seminars through to 2-year part-time MBAs.
See what you missed at the CrewConnect Europe Conference 2016
Reviews from our speakers and sponsors:
"The premier event in the maritime world to meet with crewing and manning companies"
Stuart Ostrow, ShipMoney
"We get to interact with all the players and stakeholders within the industry... and it's important for us to be able to hear what they have to say"
Bob Fay, IRI Marhsall Islands Registry