Key Sessions from the November 2017 Agenda
Exploring the practical issues, commercial implications, and legal backbone of General Average.
Expert guidance on the implications of General Average incidents for the various shareholders involved, including the procedures to be followed when an incident occurs, management of distressed cargo, legal issues arising in General Average incidents and practical adjusting exercises.
Introduction to the rules of General Average
A clear and comprehensible introduction to The Rules themselves, teamed with engaging casualty scenario sessions to cement your understanding.
Get to grips with the problems that can arise during general average cases with people who face them every day.
A BIMCO representative provides an introduction to the reason and effect of BIMCO’s revision to their Specialist General Average Clauses.
Open discussions on how the industry can best overcome the insurance, legal and operational challenges that present themselves when dealing with General Average.
Examination of recent legal cases
The lessons learned in recent legal cases and the implications for the future.
Attend This Seminar to:
- Get a thorough grounding in this much discussed and often misunderstood principle of maritime law.
- Gain insight into the key changes in the York Antwerp Rule 2016 revisions and BIMCO’s amendments to their Average Bond & Absorption clauses.
- Take part in a legal examination of the issues that arise during general average cases.
- Understand the various factors that can influence shipowner and insurer exposure.
- Be introduced to average adjuster best practice.
- Be led by industry experts through a series of casualty scenario sessions – putting the theory you’ve learnt straight to the test.
- Walk away having gained a unique insight into what general average is, what it does, and how it affects you!
Who Should Attend
November 2017's General Average Experts
Build your brand awareness with sponsorship and exhibition
We are happy to work closely with you to create bespoke packages which take into account your current marketing strategies and budgets. If you'd like to get involved in one of our events we can offer a range of ideas which highlight your expertise.
Please contact Paul Skinner on +44 (0) 207 017 4402 or by email: Paul.Skinner@informa.com
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399