In the wake of Maersk Honam
Maersk Line has issued new guidelines for the stowage of dangerous cargo to improve safety measures across its 750-strong fleet of vessels.
The company evaluated 3,000 United Nations hazardous materials classification numbers to produce its new set of stowage guidelines.
Key topics and features for 2018
Exploring the practical issues, commercial implications, and legal backbone of general average.
Examination of recent GA cases in the news – ultra large container ship accidents in 2018
Explore the latest legal cases in the news and take a closer look at the practical issues arising from the latest GA incidents.
Introduction to the rules of general average
A clear and comprehensible introduction to the rules themselves, teamed with engaging casualty scenario sessions to cement your understanding.
BIMCO's revisions to GA clauses
Donald Chard from BIMCO will provide an introduction to the reason and effect of BIMCO’s revision to their specialist general average clauses.
Trouble shooting sessions
Open discussions will take place on how the industry can best overcome the insurance, legal and operational challenges that present themselves when dealing with general average.
Topics for discussion include:
- Should you or shouldn't you declare – cost/benefit analysis
- Challenges of managing containership general average
- Security collection is an expensive, paper driven exercise in a digital world. Can we do better and who needs to make it happen?
Insurer's perspective on general average
Per-Age Nygard from the Norwegian Hull Club will be discussing hull machinery exposure and challenges likely to arise in general average claims.
Workshop on practical issues relating to GA
Expert guidance on the implications of general average incidents for the various shareholders involved, including the procedures to be followed when an incident occurs, management of distressed cargo, legal issues arising in general average incidents and practical adjusting exercises.
Attend This Seminar to:
- Get a thorough grounding in this much discussed and often misunderstood principle of maritime law.
- Gain insight into the key changes in the York Antwerp Rule 2016 revisions and BIMCO’s amendments to their Average Bond & Absorption clauses.
- Take part in a legal examination of the issues that arise during general average cases.
- Understand the various factors that can influence shipowner and insurer exposure.
- Be introduced to average adjuster best practice.
- Be led by industry experts through a series of casualty scenario sessions – putting the theory you’ve learnt straight to the test.
- Walk away having gained a unique insight into what general average is, what it does, and how it affects you!
Who Should Attend
Expert speaker line up for 2018 includes
Build your brand awareness with sponsorship and exhibition
We are happy to work closely with you to create bespoke packages which take into account your current marketing strategies and budgets. If you'd like to get involved in one of our events we can offer a range of ideas which highlight your expertise.
Please contact Paul Skinner on +44 (0) 207 017 4402 or by email: Paul.Skinner@informa.com
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399