Exploring the practical issues, commercial implications, and legal backbone of General Average.
Spend the afternoon of Day 2 being expertly guided through the complexities that arise from general average incidents: from declaration to resolution.
Introduction to the rules of General Average
Clear and comprehensible introduction to The Rules themselves, teamed with engaging casualty scenario sessions to cement your understanding.
Get to grips with the problems that can arise during general average cases from people who face them every day.
A BIMCO representatives provides an introduction to the reason and effect of BIMCO’s revision to their Specialist General Average Clauses.
Open discussions on how the industry can best overcome the insurance, legal and operational challenges that present themselves when dealing with General Average.
Examination of recent legal cases
The lessons learned in recent legal cases and the implications for the future.
Attend This Seminar to:
- Get a thorough grounding in this much discussed and often misunderstood principle of maritime law.
- Gain insight into the key changes in the York Antwerp Rule 2016 revisions and BIMCO’s amendments to their Average Bond & Absorption clauses.
- Take part in a legal examination of the issues that arise during general average cases.
- Understand the various factors that can influence shipowner and insurer exposure.
- Be introduced to average adjuster best practice.
- Be led by industry experts through a series of casualty scenario sessions – putting the theory you’ve learnt straight to the test.
- Walk away having gained a unique insight into what general average is, what it does, and how it affects you!
Our Past Expert Speakers
Globally delivered customised in-company training solutions from the leading supplier of training to the maritime, logistics and energy industries..
In-house training allows you to define the programme that precisely matches your needs. The solution is presented by an established first-rate training organisation, with access to all the latest industry information and news, and at an onsite location of your choice at the time that best suits your people.
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 4455
Build your brand awareness with sponsorship and exhibition
We are happy to work closely with you to create bespoke packages which take into account your current marketing strategies and budgets. If you'd like to get involved in one of our events we can offer a range of ideas which highlight your expertise.
Please contact Paul Skinner on +44 (0) 207 017 4402 or by email: Paul.Skinner@informa.com