19 – 22 March 2019
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel,
A New dawn for Sustainable Shipping: 2020 to 2050
Solutions to decarbonise the shipping industry and minimise its environmental impact.
With our sights set on 2050, GST 2019 will tackle the issues that matter to your business now and prepare you for what’s coming next: from the sulphur cap and BWM convention, to climate change and ocean plastics.
Key topics for 2019 include:
Towards 2050: decarbonising the shipping industry
- New business models and the power of collaboration
- Ship design for energy efficiency
- Hybrid and electric solutions
- Comparative analysis of alternative fuels
Emissions regulation and compliance: 2020 and beyond
- Regulatory updates
- Uptake of scrubbers and LNG plus impact on tanker markets
- Latest updates on fuel availability and pricing
- Discussing PSC plans for monitoring, detection and enforcement.
Ecological impacts of shipping
- Review BWM convention EBP phase ahead of MEPC74
- Biofouling; latest technologies and future regulations
- Washwater and greywater; the next big concerns?
- Ocean plastics and the shipping industry
- Ship recycling and IHM
- Shipboard waste management
- Wind propulsion and shipboard solar power
- Green electricity for battery propulsion
- Synergies with the offshore renewables industry
NEW Sustainable Ports Summit
- Infrastructure for a multi-fuel marine market post 2020
- Climate change preparedness
- Port reception Facilities
- Shore-to-ship power
Early speaker confirmations for 2019 include:
Want to know more?
Watch this short highlights video from our GST & Shipping2030 Europe 2018 conference in Copenhagen, where the events formed an unprecedented platform for over 450 industry professionals to meet and discuss the new trends and disruptive technologies on the horizon for green shipping and a more innovative maritime industry.
The Numbers That Matter
I very much enjoyed the event last week which was (as always) fully packed with diverse, relevant subject matter experts providing interesting insights on challenges and opportunities related to new regulations and technologies
Environmental Manager - Marine Standards
As always, an interesting and well administrated event!
Environmental & Quality Manager
Viking Supply Ships
We are still enjoying the super good feeling that winning the GST Award arouse in us! Many thanks! The days in Copenhagen at GST were a success! Well organized, interesting program, good food etc :)
Langh Ship Oy Ab
I think the GST / Shipping 2030 are very good events to know technical trends from multiple perspectives and to network with experts in the global maritime industry.
Senior General Manager
Monohakobi Technology Institute, NYK Line
Want to grow your business in 2019?
We create bespoke packages for individual firms taking into account their strategies and budgets.
Want to know more?
Contact Paul on +44 (0)20 7017 4402 or email@example.com
Selected shipowners attend our events for free as VIP guests!
Just some of the confirmed shipowners that attended included: Statoil ASA - Royal Caribbean Cruises - Ultragas - Condor Ferries Limited - Cargill - BP Shipping - Maersk Line - Chevron Shipping Co. LLC - Navigator Gas - Stolt Tankers BV - Ministry of Defence UK - Maersk Tankers A/S and many more.
For further information on other events in the series and to apply for a VIP ticket contact Chloe today on Chloe.Barnard@informa.com