A New Dawn for Sustainable Shipping: 2020 to 2050
Solutions to decarbonise the shipping industry and minimise its environmental impact.
With our sights set on 2050, GST 2019 will tackle the issues that matter to your business now and prepare you for what’s coming next: from the sulphur cap and BWM convention, to climate change and ocean plastics.
Key topics for 2019 include:
Towards 2050: decarbonising the shipping industry
- New business models and the power of collaboration
- Ship design for energy efficiency
- Hybrid and electric solutions
- Comparative analysis of alternative fuels
Emissions regulation and compliance: 2020 and beyond
- Regulatory updates
- Uptake of scrubbers and LNG plus impact on tanker markets
- Latest updates on fuel availability and pricing
- Discussing PSC plans for monitoring, detection and enforcement.
Ecological impacts of shipping
- Review BWM convention EBP phase ahead of MEPC74
- Biofouling; latest technologies and developments
- Washwater and greywater; the next big concerns?
- Ocean plastics and the shipping industry
- Ship recycling and IHM
- Shipboard waste management
- Wind propulsion and shipboard solar power
- Green electricity for battery propulsion
- Synergies with the offshore renewables industry
NEW Sustainable Ports Summit
- Infrastructure for a multi-fuel marine market post 2020
- Climate change preparedness
- Port reception Facilities
- Shore-to-ship power
Speaker confirmations for 2019 include:
Want to know more?
Watch this short highlights video from our GST & Shipping2030 Europe 2018 conference in Copenhagen, where the events formed an unprecedented platform for industry professionals to meet and discuss the new trends and disruptive technologies on the horizon for green shipping and a more innovative maritime industry.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Green Ship Technology is now a CPD certified event. Attendees of the conference will be able to claim up to 19 CPD points for their activity.
For further information on CPD accreditation please visit: www.cpduk.co.uk
I very much enjoyed the event last week which was (as always) fully packed with diverse, relevant subject matter experts providing interesting insights on challenges and opportunities related to new regulations and technologies
Environmental Manager - Marine Standards
As always, an interesting and well administrated event!
Environmental & Quality Manager
Viking Supply Ships
We are still enjoying the super good feeling that winning the GST Award arouse in us! Many thanks! The days in Copenhagen at GST were a success! Well organized, interesting program, good food etc :)
Langh Ship Oy Ab
I think the GST / Shipping 2030 are very good events to know technical trends from multiple perspectives and to network with experts in the global maritime industry.
Senior General Manager
Monohakobi Technology Institute, NYK Line
- Dinner with familiar faces and new, for the delicious 3 course meal, with wine for the table.
- We welcomed over 150 attendees last year - don't miss out next year!
- With a direct view to the sea and located in the centre of the city, the dinner takes place at the beautiful Langelinie Pavillonen.
Winner of the Danish MPI 2015 Award: 'Best Catering Experience'
Want to grow your business in 2019?
We create bespoke packages for individual firms taking into account their strategies and budgets.
Want to know more?
Contact Paul on +44 (0)20 7017 4402 or email@example.com
Selected shipowners attend our events for free as VIP guests!
Just some of the confirmed shipowners that attended included: Statoil ASA - Royal Caribbean Cruises - Ultragas - Condor Ferries Limited - Cargill - BP Shipping - Maersk Line - Chevron Shipping Co. LLC - Navigator Gas - Stolt Tankers BV - Ministry of Defence UK - Maersk Tankers A/S and many more.
For further information on other events in the series and to apply for a VIP ticket contact Ellen today on firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW for 2019 – GST Rising Star
This year at GST Europe we have kept a spot on the agenda to highlight the work of a 'Rising Star' breaking new ground for the shipping industry.
We welcome submissions from any postgraduate/ postdoctoral research projects related to the key themes of emissions reduction, decarbonisation and minimising shipping’s environmental impact.
Up to 4 submissions will be offered a complimentary pass to attend the GST conference, and the opportunity to showcase their research in a poster display.
To enter, please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words to
Stephanie.email@example.com by March 6th 2019.
Photo Competition - #GSTnewdawn
Congratulations to Ocean Assets Institute, our Photo Competition winner!
Heading to Copenhagen for Sustainable Ports Summit they shared their favorite green harbour Hope Town in Abaco, Bahamas #GSTnewdawn