Call for papers
Green Ship Technology & Shipping2030 Europe will bring together 450+ industry professionals representative from across the shipping industry discussing all issues relating to sustainability and digitalization.
Papers should be topical and relevant, some suggestions include:
- 3D printing
- Autonomous, smart and unmanned vessels
- Ballast water treatment technology
- Block chain utilisation
- Case studies from shipowners and operators for projects under development, in production or where lessons have been learnt
- Collaboration and integration of technologies and processes in the shipping industry
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability programmes
- Crew training and human factors
- Cyber security
- Data analytics & operational efficiency
- Developments in alternative power sources
- Developments in engine and propulsion technology
- Developments in reducing carbon emissions
- Digital innovation
- Digital supply chains and customer experience
- Disruptive technologies
- Environmental developments in ports and environmental management systems
- Environmental responsibility
- Environmentally sustainable ship design and hydrodynamics
- Fuel management and energy efficiency
- Hull biofouling and antifouling technology
- International environmental regulations affecting shipping
- Life cycle management and sustainable shipping
- LNG as a fuel for ships
- Monitoring, reporting and verification
- Oily water treatment systems
- Organisational change
- Performance monitoring and verification
- Reducing emissions and saving energy in port
- Retrofitting for new technology
- ROI and value analysis of new digital solutions
- Smart shipping and smart ports
- Social media utilisation
- Technology for reducing air emissions
- Wastewater management systems
Abstract information should include:
- Paper title
- Outline of paper – (abstract between 150 and 300 words for review by the committee).
- Please kindly note that by sending an abstract this does not guarantee you a speaking slot at the conference.
Successful paper submissions:
- Successful speakers/authors will be notified by Monday 15th October 2018.
- Selected authors will be required to provide a full written paper/manuscript and a technical PowerPoint presentation. Any authors not able to meet the criteria will be withdrawn from the programme.
- Speakers will be allocated timings once the agenda has been confirmed.
2019 ADVISORY COMMITTEE
To ensure the integrity of the programme and to retain a high‐level of technical content, an Advisory Committee is used to assist with the programme development and to determine the suitability and relevance of submitted papers.
Please note that papers accepted on technical merit, not commercial promotion of new products.
The following criteria will be applied by the Committee in determining the papers for inclusion in the 2019 programme:
Technical originality of concept
Challenge & problem-solving focus
Concepts that offer innovative solutions
Authors presenting the paper on the day will be automatically registered to attend the event free of charge. Co‐authors will receive a 20% discount on the registration fees. Speakers/authors/co‐authors will be responsible for any costs associated with attending this event (travel, accommodation, general expenses, etc.).