Electric & Hybrid Propulsion Seminar
Towards zero emissions
Two day in-depth seminar analysing the business case for hybrid propulsion, fuel cells & battery technologies across commercial fleets.
What Will Power Shipping in 2050?
Have a read of our article to find out what will fuel shipping in the future, and where electric & hybrid propulsion stands vs other fuels.
Key topics for 2018 included:
IMO 2050 & legislative market drivers
- Exploring local, national, and international emissions regulation
- Zero emissions in Norwegian world heritage fjords by 2026
- What are the relevant frameworks for new markets in the US and Mediterranean?
Hybridisation & battery retrofits
- Alternative financing: leasing models & innovation funds.
- Solutions for retrofitting propulsion, energy storage & ancillary power
- Consideration & challenges for diesel, LNG or hydrogen
Electric propulsion beyond ferries
- Commercial viability for OSVs, Cruise industry & more
- Power requirements & systems selection
- Making the business case – shipowner insight on OPEX savings
Hydrogen fuel cells for maritime applications
- Are they a feasible option?
- Systems integration with batteries
- Safety & risk management
New developments in battery technology
- Comparative analysis of lithium batteries
- Power density & life cycles
- What is needed for vessels to go fully electric?
Port recharging infrastructure
- Can Ports meet the demand for clean/ renewable energy?
- Infrastructure Investment; who foots the bill?
- Innovations in shore side power & cold ironing
Expert speakers for 2018 included:
Vital answers to key questions
Crafted after hours of research to fit your needs, our in-depth agenda with sessions from those already using hybrid technology will provide you with all the vital answers related to hybrid propulsion.
You'll learn from others' successes and failures, leaving you ready to tackle all challenges thrown your way.
Learn from the experts
From straight-talking presentations on the current technology driving adoption, to tight-focused sessions on where exactly hybrid propulsion technology can reduce operating costs, reduce emission, and improve performance of a vessel, you will hear from industry experts leading the way
Grow your network
You won't get a better chance to meet this many professionals interested in such a niche area in one place.
With plenty of formal and informal networking, you will connect with the right people and forge new meaningful business relationships.
Sponsorship & Exhibiting Opportunities
We create bespoke proposals for companies, offering the best marketing opportunity for you and your budget
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399