10 March 2020
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel,
Electric & Hybrid Propulsion Seminar
The technical realities of meeting the zero emissions target.
This 1-day seminar will address the realities of the IMO 2050 greenhouse gas regulations. Examine the ROI for wind, hydrogen fuel cells and batteries technology.
Key topics for 2020 include:
IMO 2050: Legislative market drivers and regulatory overview
- IMO GHG regulations – get the latest updates from the MEP72 meeting
- Find out when vessels will have to be fully decarbonised
- How are we going to implement strategy at regional level to meet the global challenge?
- Technology insights – gain the results of new surveys, hear shipowners and manufacturers experiences in using these innovative new technologies
- Address the risks inherent in producing, storing, distributing and consuming energy on hybrid vessels
Meeting the Infrastructure Challenges
- Interactive case study: connecting cruise, ferries, offshore ships to shore power
- How to overcome the storage and supply challenges of supplying a multifuel marine market for 2020 and beyond.
- Meet the ports that have successfully implemented shore side power for ships.
- Reducing emissions on luxury cruise vessels whilst in European ports and coastal areas
Finance Workshop: What kind of financial solutions would be ideal for the industry to move ahead
- Financial viability of a 100% hydrogen powered passenger vessel
- The over reliance on public funding and the delays this causes
- Costs of energy transition in the marine sector
- Impact investors seeking investment opportunities
Technology: Batteries - New Developments and Beyond
- Address the results of the Battery Safety Joint Development Project
- Hear the ship owner's experience
- Interactive case study by PBES discussing the benefits of CellCool and CellSwap technologies: greater safety, lower battery cost, reduced size and lifetime performance guarantee
Technology: Wind propulsion
- Decarbonisation and how the wind can drive the process
- The market potential for wind-assist and primary wind barriers
- Hybrid development – how wind propulsion could be used in other low carbon and zero-emissions technologies
Technology: Hydrogen fuel cells and dual fuel combustion
- The key drivers for Hydrogen in the maritime domain, the benefits and challenges
- Shipowner's case study on 'Hydroville: A showcase for hydrogen as marine fuel’
- Manufacturer's case study on hydrogen as a marine fuel. Hear about the Ferguson Marine projects HySeas III and HyDIME
- Infrastructure development: How do we scale up and what are the limiting factors?
Vital answers to key questions
Crafted after hours of research to fit your needs, our in-depth agenda with sessions from those already using hybrid technology will provide you with all the vital answers related to hybrid propulsion.
You'll learn from others' successes and failures, leaving you ready to tackle all challenges thrown your way.
Learn from the experts
From straight-talking presentations on the current technology driving adoption, to tight-focused sessions on where exactly hybrid propulsion technology can reduce operating costs, reduce emission, and improve performance of a vessel, you will hear from industry experts leading the way
Grow your network
You won't get a better chance to meet this many professionals interested in such a niche area in one place.
With plenty of formal and informal networking, you will connect with the right people and forge new meaningful business relationships.
Get the latest event updates
Sponsorship & Exhibiting Opportunities
We create bespoke proposals for companies, offering the best marketing opportunity for you and your budget
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399