Laytime and Demurrage Masterclass
Advanced-level training exploring the legal complexities and calculation of laytime and demurrage. Benefit and learn from 20+ years of experience.
A fully interactive, advanced 2-day training course consisting of workshops, practical sessions and case studies.
Highlights from the 2018 masterclass
What stops the laytime clock
In this essential session, Marcus Dodds, Partner, Solicitor - Master Mariner, Reed Smith examined exceptions clauses, multiple charters and implied exceptions.
Successful dispute handling
A dispute resolution guru – Andrew Pearson, Barrister at 7KBW – assessed which documents are essential, examined mediation, litigation and arbitration.
Profitable use of laytime and demurrage
What are the factors which can increase your bottom line when dealing with laytime and demurrage?
Attendees benefited from
Detailed discussions on laytime and demurrage claims handling and disputes
Laytime calculations in the practical sessions and discussions of various case studies
The complexities of when laytime starts and stops
Understanding commercial contract terms and clauses
Interactive case studies and workshops
- Number-crunching in action session where attendees calculated laytime and demurrage for dry cargo and tanker trade
- Private cases and queries were sent to lecturers for discussion in the practical workshop
- Practical session on how to make a successful claim
Attendees learned how to:
- Calculate laytime and ensure they are to their advantage
- Reduce time and money spent outsourcing dispute resolution with tips on how to effectively manage and resolve disputes
- Solve complex claims on wet and dry laytime and avoid common pitfalls in claims
- Practical issues relating to laytime and demurrage cases
Our 2018 speaker panel included:
Laytime & Demurrage 2018 in numbers
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to all maritime professionals who require advanced-level training on laytime and demurrage cases, including:
- Ship owners
- Ship managers
Interesting, useful, beneficial seminar.
This was a great event.
Southampton Solent University
Shorelink Oil & Gas Services Ltd
Very positive, well organised event.
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399