25 - 26 September 2018
Liquefaction of Bulk Cargoes Seminar
Thank you to our 2017 speakers, delegates and guests for making this year's seminar so engaging!
Watch this space for details of next year's event
Highlights from the 2017 Agenda
Risk, Liability & Claims: The Legal & Financial Perspective
- Who is liable in the event of an incident? Owners’ and charterers’ rights
- What do I need to know to accurately predict risk?
- Current trends in claims
- How to advise clients/members
Ports, Compliance & Testing: Expert Operational Know-how
- In pursuit of compliance – understanding and overcoming issues facing masters at port
- A discussion of the benefits and limitations of current and future testing methods
- What do masters need to know before accepting a cargo?
New Guidelines & Regulations: Charting a Course Through Unfamiliar Waters
- Sub-Committee members discuss the outcome of IMO’s September 2017 Committee on the Carriage of Cargoes – be the first to hear updates to IMSBC code
- A Discussion of new regulation, guidelines and testing procedures
Understanding The Threat: The Science Behind Liquefaction
- An easy to understand breakdown of the liquefaction process
- Preparedness - the conditions under which liquefaction occurs
- Why are some cargoes more prone to liquefying?
Reality Check: South East Asia's Liquefaction Hot Spots
- Understanding why certain regions experience more incidents
- An update on the current situation in the Philippines and Indonesia from local P&I correspondents
Findings & Implications: Discovering the Way Forward
- The implications of the Global Bauxite Working Group's crucial findings on the carriage of bulk cargoes, including an in-depth discussion with the co-authors of the report
- The influence of mining locations on Bauxite's properties
- Understanding the modified Proctor-Fagerberg test method
Expert Speakers from the September 2017 Event
NEW FOR 2017
- IMO Sub-Committee on Carriage of Cargoes and Containers (CCC4): Sub-committee members discuss updates to IMSBC Code
- Different Forms of Liquefaction and Their Causes: with an explanation of The Global Bauxite Working Group’s findings (from co-authors of paper delivered to CCC4)
- More Panels, More Discussion: Discussions between all the parties involved in the shipping of bulk cargoes
- Compliance Roundtable: A Frank discussion on how commercial pressures map onto practical issues facing masters at port
- Geo-Political Risk: Dughall Aitken (Spica) and Andy Malpass (Pandiman) share invaluable insights into the current situation in Indonesia and the Philippines
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Whether it's to improve your operational efficiency, reduce your costs, enhance your business potential or widen your knowledge - we have the training course for you.
Our extensive portfolio of courses and seminars covers a range of maritime subjects including technical, legal, offshore, ports and terminals, environment, financial, insurance, fuel management.