Agenda talking points
Risk, Liability & Claims: The Legal & Financial Perspective
- Who is liable in the event of an incident? Owners’ and charterers’ rights
- What do I need to know to accurately predict risk?
- Current trends in claims
- How to advise clients/members
Ports, Compliance & Testing: Expert Operational Know-how
- In pursuit of compliance – understanding and overcoming issues facing masters at port
- A discussion of the benefits and limitations of current and future testing methods
- What do masters need to know before accepting a cargo?
New Guidelines & Regulations: Charting a Course Through Unfamiliar Waters
- Sub-Committee members discuss the outcome of IMO’s September 2017 Committee on the Carriage of Cargoes – be the first to hear updates to IMSBC code
- A Discussion of new regulation, guidelines and testing procedures
Understanding The Threat: The Science Behind Liquefaction
- An easy to understand breakdown of the liquefaction process
- Preparedness - the conditions under which liquefaction occurs
- Why are some cargoes more prone to liquefying?
Reality Check: South East Asia's Liquefaction Hot Spots
- Understanding why certain regions experience more incidents
- An update on the current situation in the Philippines and Indonesia
Findings & Implications: Discovering the Way Forward
- The implications of the Global Bauxite Working Group's crucial findings on the carriage of bulk cargoes, including an in-depth discussion with the co-authors of the report
- The influence of mining locations on Bauxite's properties
- Understanding the modified Proctor-Fagerberg test method
NEW FOR 2018
We have 2 new features for this year’s agenda focusing on legislation and the contractual regimes.
Debate: Does the industry feel the regulations and guidelines are robust enough and fit for purpose regarding liquefaction?
There are mixed views regarding current legislation and the CCC4 guidelines. Have your say during this interactive debate.
Workshop: Drafting a Water Tight Contractual Regime
Attendees will be split into groups to analyse and work through a contract, focusing on drafting a contractual regime and amending clauses.
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399