19-21 March 2019
LNG Bunkering Europe Training Course
A comprehensive guide to LNG bunkering operations, regulation, safety and vessel design.
The only 3-day course offering theoretical and practical training on LNG bunkering plus an exclusive site visit to Klaipėda LNG terminal. Accredited by IMarEST
Highlights of the 2019 course:
4 extensive modules, 22 key topics
- Module 1 – LNG safety and risk assessment
- Module 2 – LNG vessel design
- Module 3 – LNG operations, bunkering procedures and handling
- Module 4 – LNG commercial considerations
LNG terminal visit: New location!
As part of the course programme, attendees will have the opportunity to see bunkering up and close and visit the LNG terminal in Klaipėda port, operated by Klaipėdos nafta.
Put into operation in December 2014, Klaipeda LNG terminal is one of the most important facilities in Lithuania ensuring the national energy security.
Course topics include:
Build a solid foundation on all aspects of LNG bunkering.
Detailed learning on the different bunkering methods including:
- Truck-to-ship transfer (TTS)
- Ship-to-ship transfer (STS)
- Terminal/Pipeline-to-ship transfer (PTS)
- Portable tank systems
- Risk Assessment Workshop:
The practical workshop helps delegates understand LNG risks and the regulatory processes.
- Final Assessment Session:
Consolidate and apply your knowledge in the multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- Interactivity – work through practical exercises in groups, and create strategies for your business
- Experts on hand throughout to provide up to date guidance and coaching
- Learn from your fellow workshop group participants – what did they do differently and why?
Delegates will have a unique opportunity to apply and consolidate their knowledge of the LNG bunkering processes with a multiple-choice test on the 4 core modules covered in the course at the end of Day 3.
Meet the 2019 course lecturers:
Receive invaluable insights and guidance from two experts with over 47 years’ experience between them:
- RAY GILLETT, General Manager at GTT Training
- DAVID HAYNES, Consultant and Technical Director (SGMF) at Penguin Energy
LNG terminal visit
Visit the LNG floating storage and regasification unit terminal in the port of Klaipeda, operated by Klaipedos Nafta.
The tour of the plant is included in the course ticket fee but places are limited.
The LNG Bunkering Training Course has been approved by the CPD working group of IMarEST and attendees can receive an official CPD certificate for their course activity.
Interesting course and I enjoyed the trip to Seagas
Good content, excellent study visits
Knowledgeable and well presented
Excellent exercises, lecturers are experienced and excellent accommodation. The course together with the visits to the bunkering operations was very successful.
Very interesting, it has given me a lot of knowledge
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399