11 - 13 February 2020
LNG Bunkering Europe Training Course
A comprehensive guide to LNG bunkering operations, regulation, safety and vessel design.
The only 3-day course offering theoretical and practical training on LNG bunkering plus an exclusive site visit to GRAIN LNG terminal. Accredited by IMarEST
4 extensive modules, 22 key topics
Build a solid foundation on all aspects of LNG bunkering:
- Module 1 – LNG safety and risk assessment
- Module 2 – LNG vessel design
- Module 3 – LNG operations, bunkering procedures and handling
- Module 4 – LNG commercial considerations
LNG terminal visit: New location!
Attendees will have the unique opportunity to visit the biggest terminal in Europe and the eighth in the world, Grain LNG terminal!
With 1,000,000m3 tank space, 15mtpa, 2 cryogenic lines, 2 jetties and over 30 years’ experience in the LNG industry, the Grain LNG terminal is of strategic national importance to UK energy infrastructure and security of supply.
There is no extra charge to join the tour visit but spaces are strictly limited and allocated to seminar attendees on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Management of safety: Impact of spills on humans, equipment and environment
- Vessel operations: how the fuel system needs to adapt for 'normal' ship operations
- Bunkering methods, safety and equipment’s
- Custody transfer – measurement of fuels, in quantity and composition
- How bulk LNG pricing is reflected in LNG bunker costs
Course features & Learning styles
- Risk Assessment Workshop – the practical workshop helps delegates understand LNG risks and the regulatory processes.
- Final Assessment Session – consolidate and apply your knowledge in the multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- Interactivity – work through practical exercises in groups, and create strategies for your business
- Experts on hand throughout to provide up to date guidance and coaching
- Learn from your fellow workshop group participants – what did they do differently and why?
5 key reasons to attend
- Interactivity – work through practical exercises in groups, share experience and develop new strategies for your business
- Be inspired by thought leaders who will provide guidance and coaching throughout
- No prior knowledge assumed – build a solid foundation on all aspects of LNG bunkering
- Earn CPD hours and walk away with a certificate that will help you to demonstrate your knowledge, work to impressive standards and progress in your career
- Ample opportunity to network during the complimentary course dinner, site visit and interactive sessions
Delegates will have a unique opportunity to apply and consolidate their knowledge of the LNG bunkering processes with a multiple-choice test on the 4 core modules covered in the course at the end of Day 3.
Gain a thorough understanding of LNG bunkering operations and risks involved:
An introduction to LNG
- Cryogenic nature of LNG
- Background to the LNG supply chain
- LNG economics
- Training for crews and shoreside personnel
Safety and regulation
- Gas detection and control systems
- Safety/ firefighting systems
- Control system and safety mechanisms
- Vessel design and tank location
- Risk assessment
LNG bunkering & transfer operations
- Onboard and shoreside LNG containment systems
- LNG-fuelled engines and propulsion systems
- LNG transfer and bunkering operations
- Optimum conditions for storing LNG
Meet the 2020 course lecturers:
Receive invaluable insights and guidance from two experts with over 47 years’ experience between them:
- RAY GILLETT, General Manager at GTT Training
- DAVID HAYNES, Consultant and Technical Director (SGMF) at Penguin Energy
LNG terminal visit
Visit the largest terminal in Europe, Grain LNG (GLNG) terminal on the 12 February.
Add this option to your registration at no extra cost to guarantee your place.
The LNG Bunkering Training Course has been approved by the CPD working group of IMarEST and attendees can receive an official CPD certificate for their course activity.
Get the latest event updates
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399