LNG Bunkering Europe Training Course
A comprehensive guide to LNG bunkering operations, regulation, safety and vessel design.
The only 3-day course offering theoretical and practical training on LNG bunkering plus an exclusive site visit to Klaipėda LNG terminal. Accredited by IMarEST
Highlights of the 2019 course:
4 extensive modules, 22 key topics
Build a solid foundation on all aspects of LNG bunkering:
- Module 1 – LNG safety and risk assessment
- Module 2 – LNG vessel design
- Module 3 – LNG operations, bunkering procedures and handling
- Module 4 – LNG commercial considerations
LNG terminal visit: New location!
As part of the course programme, attendees will have the opportunity to see bunkering up and close and visit the small-scale LNG terminal in Klaipėda port, operated by Klaipedos Nafta.
Put into operation in December 2014, Klaipeda LNG terminal is one of the most important facilities in Lithuania ensuring the national energy security.
NEW course topics:
- Management of safety: Impact of spills on humans, equipment and environment
- Vessel operations: how the fuel system needs to adapt for 'normal' ship operations
- Bunkering methods, safety and equipment’s
- Custody transfer – measurement of fuels, in quantity and composition
- How bulk LNG pricing is reflected in LNG bunker costs
- Risk Assessment Workshop:
The practical workshop helps delegates understand LNG risks and the regulatory processes.
- Final Assessment Session:
Consolidate and apply your knowledge in the multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- Interactivity – work through practical exercises in groups, and create strategies for your business
- Experts on hand throughout to provide up to date guidance and coaching
- Learn from your fellow workshop group participants – what did they do differently and why?
Delegates will have a unique opportunity to apply and consolidate their knowledge of the LNG bunkering processes with a multiple-choice test on the 4 core modules covered in the course at the end of Day 3.
Meet the 2019 course lecturers:
Receive invaluable insights and guidance from two experts with over 47 years’ experience between them:
- RAY GILLETT, General Manager at GTT Training
- DAVID HAYNES, Consultant and Technical Director (SGMF) at Penguin Energy
LNG terminal visit
Visit the small-scale LNG terminal in Klaipeda Seaport, operated by Klaipedos Nafta.
The site tour is included in the course ticket fee but places are limited.
The LNG Bunkering Training Course has been approved by the CPD working group of IMarEST and attendees can receive an official CPD certificate for their course activity.
Get the latest event updates
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399