27 September 2019
Managing Sanctions and Anti-Corruption in Shipping Seminar
Written for marine insurance and shipping professionals.
Ensure compliance with trade sanctions, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering regulations in the maritime industry.
2019 KEY AGENDA HIGHLIGHTS
Written for the shipping and marine insurance industries, this one day seminar will look at the practical steps companies need to take to comply with sanctions and to prevent corruption, bribery and money laundering within their organisations.
Make sure your employees understand their legal obligations, have clear procedures to follow and effective policies are put in place to ensure compliance with international and domestic laws.
Understand what are the current compliance challenges for a shipping company?
- Sanctions, anti-corruption, anti-bribery and other risks
- Management of ethical compliance in the supply chain
Practical advice on how to manage the risks for shipping companies and marine insurers
- P&I Club advice on avoiding infringement of sanctions
- Identifying red flags and risk areas
- Shipping company policies for involving all departments in managing compliance
In-depth analysis of current sanctions policies and potential changes
- EU, US and UN sanctions: which countries, entities and people are affected?
- Secondary sanctions and ‘grey areas’
- Latest enforcement actions and case studies
Practical session: putting together a company’s risk management strategy
- Work in groups to identify the top 5 principles for an effective risk management policy
- Developing and implementing policies and guidelines to achieve across the board ‘buy in’
Working with stakeholders to combat bribery and corruption in the shipping industry
- Hear about the work of the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN)
- Discuss proposals for an IMO Guidance document on anti-corruption
- Understand the warning signs for money laundering risks
Regulatory round-up: what else is on the horizon?
- Increasing requirements for ethical compliance in the supply chain
- Modern slavery policies: what do companies need to know?
- IMO 2020 and emissions regulations
- Cyber security: impact on all areas of a shipping company’s operations
Get the latest event updates
BUILD YOUR BRAND AWARENESS WITH SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITION
We are happy to work closely with you to create bespoke packages which take into account your current marketing strategies and budgets. If you’d like to get involved in one of our events we can offer a range of ideas which highlight your expertise.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Managing Regulatory and Compliance Challenges in Shipping Seminar is a CPD certified event. Attendees can request a CPD certificate after attending the event. For further information on CPD accreditation please visit: www.cpduk.co.uk