22 - 23 May 2018
America Square (Cavendish Venues),
International Marine Insurance Seminar
A complete toolkit to understanding the key principles of marine insurance
Benefit from industry expertise to improve your knowledge of marine insurance policies, risks, liabilities and claims
Marine insurance in-depth: understand marine policies, evaluate risks and liabilities, manage claims
A practical 2 day seminar covering 4 key areas:
- Hull and machinery insurance for ocean-going vessels
- Shipowners' P&I cover and the various international marine liability rules and limitations
- Cargo insurance and understanding Charterer's Legal Liability policies
- Current and future risks and liabilities
Key learning objectives include:
- Understand the global marine insurance market and trends in insurance claims
- Explore hull and machinery insurance clauses and the perils insured against
- Discuss the liabilities shipowners face and how these are covered under P&I
- Examine key issues and common trends in cargo insurance
- Hear about future risks including maritime cyber risk, autonomous ships, mega ships and dynamics of the insurance market
Practical and interactive sessions include:
- QuestionTime session: exploring the details of hull and machinery and P&I insurance
- Practical case studies on cargo insurance
- Debate the future risks for the marine insurance industry
- Practical scenario session on managing a claim
ACCREDITATION: This course is accredited by the Chartered Insurance Institute
The learning programme for the Marine Insurance Seminar has been awarded CII CPD accreditation. Delegates participating in the accredited Lloyd’s Maritime Academy – Marine Insurance Seminar can claim up to 12* CPD hours towards the CII / PFS member CPD scheme. *excluding breaks
Who should attend?
Relevant to all professionals involved in marine insurance including:
- Marine insurers
- Marine underwriters
- Marine insurance brokers
- Average adjusters
- Claims managers
- Cargo owners
- Maritime lawyers
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399