ACCREDITATION: THIS COURSE IS ACCREDITED BY THE CHARTERED INSURANCE INSTITUTE
The learning programme for the Ports and Terminals Insurance Seminar has been awarded CII CPD accreditation. Delegates participating in the accredited Lloyd’s Maritime Academy - Ports and Terminals Insurance Seminar can claim up to 9* CPD hours towards the CII / PFS member CPD scheme. *excluding breaks
Key Themes and Formats for 2018
In this 2-day seminar will offer detailed guidance on how the insurance market is changing, how risks are assessed and what cover you need for your port or terminal through a series of interactive and practical sessions.
- Mapping out Risk in the Ports and Terminal Sector in the Construction Phase
- Key Risk and Insurance Issues that can Impact on Port and Terminals in the Operational Phase
- Contracts: the contractual measures Ports and Terminals can put in place to limit risk exposure
- Cyber Risk and measures to safeguard cyber integrity
Issues of Liability
- Port and Terminal liability: who pays?
- Primary Liability – Owners vs. Charterers?
- Secondary Liability – Owners vs. Terminal?
- Which lines of business will bear the brunt of the losses?
- Practical aspects relating to claims
- Typical claims in the current market
- How to establish and handle a claim
- What evidence is used to support claims?
Operators and insurance experts will analyse case studies which will help you connect theory to practice, raise questions and consider what you would have done differently.
Participate in discussion on issues relating to loss prevention, cyber risk and liability, guided by industry experts and the latest regulatory updates.
Claims Handling Workshop
A deep dive into practical aspects relating to claims, how to establish and handle a claim and what evidence is used to support claims?
2017 Ports and Terminals Insurance in numbers
Great experience, learned a lot, the speakers were excellent
Very informative, interesting and helpful
Peel Ports Group
Excellent experience and very interactive
Raise your profile at the Ports and Terminals Insurance Seminar and promote your services and product offerings to the Maritime insurance sector.
Contact Piers Newman Commercial Manager, Informa Maritime T: +44 (0) 20 3377 3120 M: +44 (0) 7917 720 909
Who should attend?
Relevant to all those requiring more detailed insight or a refresher course on ports and terminal insurance, including:
- Port and terminal operators
- Risk specialists