3rd Annual Ports and Terminals Insurance Seminar
A complete guide to assessing risks, examining liability and handling claims
2018 Key Themes and Formats
In this 2-day seminar will offer detailed guidance on how the insurance market is changing, how risks are assessed and what cover you need for your port or terminal through a series of interactive and practical sessions.
- Mapping out Risk in the Ports and Terminal Sector in the Construction Phase
- Key Risk and Insurance Issues that can Impact on Port and Terminals in the Operational Phase
- Contracts: the contractual measures Ports and Terminals can put in place to limit risk exposure
- Cyber Risk and measures to safeguard cyber integrity
Issues of Liability
- Port and Terminal liability: who pays?
- Primary Liability – Owners vs. Charterers?
- Secondary Liability – Owners vs. Terminal?
- Which lines of business will bear the brunt of the losses?
- Practical aspects relating to claims
- Typical claims in the current market
- How to establish and handle a claim
- What evidence is used to support claims?
Operators and insurance experts will analyse case studies which will help you connect theory to practice, raise questions and consider what you would have done differently.
Participate in discussion on issues relating to loss prevention, cyber risk and liability, guided by industry experts and the latest regulatory updates.
Claims Handling Workshop
A deep dive into practical aspects relating to claims, how to establish and handle a claim and what evidence is used to support claims?
Ports and Terminals Insurance in numbers
- Understand the ports & terminal insurance landscape, what insurance premiums look like, what trends insurers are seeing in the market and what that means for the business of the operators.
- Understand the position of the Port in the supply chain and the Terminals' relationships with customers and users.
- Understand risks and exposure for ports and terminals in the Construction Phase : Delay in Start Up (DSU), Marine Cargo and Cargo DSU (CARGO) and Operational Phase: Property, Liability, Business interruption.
- In a practical session, learn how to asses and mitigate risk, as well as how insurers value risk.
- Learn how to control risks by contract.
- Understand liability in the Ports and Terminals sector including: liabilities for losses and damage to cargo, equipment and vessels, fines for regulatory breaches including pollution, safety, customs and using contractual documents to defend claims
- Understand the claim handling process covering: Practical aspects relating to claims, Typical claims in the current market, How to establish and handle a claim, What evidence is used to support claims?
- In a workshop format, learn about loss prevention and apply it to your own processes
Great experience, learned a lot, the speakers were excellent
Very informative, interesting and helpful
Peel Ports Group
Excellent experience and very interactive
Raise your profile at the Ports and Terminals Insurance Seminar and promote your services and product offerings to the Maritime insurance sector.
Contact Piers Newman Commercial Manager, Informa Maritime T: +44 (0) 20 3377 3120 M: +44 (0) 7917 720 909
Who should attend?
Relevant to all those requiring more detailed insight or a refresher course on ports and terminal insurance, including:
- Port and terminal operators
- Risk specialists
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399