6 - 8 December 2017
Grange Tower Bridge Hotel,
Collaboration, cooperation and risk management for casualty response and wreck removal
In 2017 we'll be celebrating twenty years of Salvage & Wreck, the world's largest gathering of salvage professionals
Take a look at the photos of 2016's conference by clicking the highlights button.
Key Facts & Figures
Exceptional content and unparalleled networking opportunities for the marine salvage community
Assessing the current commercial realities for the salvage industry
- Recent ISU review on industry trends
- Latest statistics for frequency, size and cost of claims
- Insurers’ roundtable discussion on contracts and claims handling
Changes, challenges and new horizons for salvors
- What new areas of salvage work are likely to emerge in the future?
- Is decommissioning a new frontier or a dead-end for the salvage industry?
- What new skills will be needed to manage new types of casualties?
Choose your special interest track for in-depth discussion
1. ) Contracting and claims management: how to achieve the best contractual terms
2.) Managing oil and chemical spills: hear about new trends in response and management
3.) New technology for salvage operations: practical demonstrations of new equipment
4.) Emergency response: detailed examination of an accident and how to respond
Explore wreck removal and site remediation
- What impact has the Nairobi Wreck Removal Convention had so far?
- Use risk analysis to decide whether to remove or leave
- How far do you go in cleaning up the wreck site – what was the original condition?
- What are the risks of responding to casualties on reefs?
Case study analyses:
- Analysis of the challenges for managing the Sewol casualty
- Understand the UK authorities’ reaction to wreck removals with the Fluvius Tamar
- Assess future threats from casualties such as LNG fuelled vessels
Who Will You Meet?
Salvage & Wreck London attracts an international audience of over 200 attendees from right across the salvage value chain, including salvors, insurers, legal professionals, P&I correspondents and shipowners. It's the perfect opportunity to build connections with key industry players, or to showcase your product or service to a receptive industry audience.
Risk Management in Salvage & Wreck Workshop
Understanding the legal and insurance aspects of salvage and wreck removal contracts.
- Emergency response planning and risk assessment
- Selecting, comparing and negotiating the best salvage and wreck removal contracts
- Managing the artibration award
Salvage & Wreck Awards
The Salvage & Wreck Awards 2017 will recognise the contribution that the maritime industry is making towards improving marine salvage. There will be three award categories:
New Technology and Innovation Award
Awarded for a new or innovative technology which provides a benefit to the marine salvage industry during salvage or wreck removal operations
Environmental Salvage Award
Awarded to recognise an outstanding intervention to protect and save the environment during a marine casualty or wreck removal situation
The Life-time Achievement Award
Awarded for contribution to the industry and achievement: nominate the person you think has contributed the most to improving marine salvage over the course of their career.
The Salvage & Wreck Series is kindly supported by the International Salvage Union. Full ISU members are entitled to a 40% discount. Associate ISU members are entitled to a 25% discount.
To apply for the ISU discount, please contact Vanessa Darnborough
VIP Relationship Management
VIP relationship management is a key part of what makes our events so unique and so valuable to our partners.
For 2017, container shipping operators, cruise line operators and passenger vessel operators attend this event for free as VIP guests and as a result will make up a significant portion of our audience. T&Cs apply.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
Sponsoring the Salvage & Wreck Removal Conference 2017 is a fantastic way of raising your company’s profile within this market and creating greater awareness of your brand. Want to know more?
Please contact Piers Newman: +44 (0)20 337 73120 or email@example.com
Excellent gathering of all parties in the industry, Informa your hard work to enhance the level of the conference has paid off
Very good. Content was interesting and varied. Standard of speaking was very high overall and well chaired
West of England P&I
An event that a reputed professional shouldn’t miss out on
Perfect event to meet all the people in our salvage industry in one place