Focus on changes in contracts and casualty management
- Hear from the ISU and Allianz Global Corporate & Speciality on the latest statistics for casualties and claims
- Debate draft proposals to amend LOF and the Salvage Convention
- Examine an evolving case study with P&I and H&M insurers
- Discuss whether claims management is changing due to the rise in bigger claims
Understand cargo claims and salvage issues
- What is the charterer/cargo owner's role in a salvage situation?
- How can cargo interests be kept in the loop?
- How to deal with general average
Choose from 4 special interest tracks
1) Current legal and insurance issues: examine how H&M and P&I approach casualty management and wreck removal
2) Management of oil and HNS spills: learn about dealing with new types of chemicals and removing bunkers from casualties
3) Dealing with wreck removal challenges: prompt and effective removal of hazardous wrecks in the EEZ
4) New technology for salvage operations: practical demonstrations of new equipment
Developments in casualty management and ports of refuge
- Hear a case study on successful incident management – the ''M/V Betanzos'
- Review prioritisation of steps necessary to allow incident management to be driven by best operational decisions
- Understand authorities' responses to port of refuge requests
Future proofing salvage
- Discuss what the future holds: more collaboration, more consolidation?
- Hear from a new generation of salvors on their views of the industry
- Debate how technology is changing the salvage operations
- Analyse what are the new hazards and how can these risks be managed?
Who will you meet?
Salvage & Wreck London attracts an international audience of over 200 attendees from across the salvage value chain, including salvors, insurers, legal professionals, P&I correspondents and shipowners.
It is the perfect opportunity to build connections with key industry players and to showcase your product or service to a receptive industry audience.
Key facts and figures
The Salvage & Wreck Awards
The Salvage & Wreck Awards aim to recognise the contribution that the maritime industry is making towards improving marine salvage. The Awards are presented for the most innovative technology and services in the past year which show a benefit to the marine salvage sector and which have made most contribution to protecting the marine environment.
The categories are:
- Environmental Protection Award
- New Technology and Innovation Award
- Plus The Lifetime Achievement Award
The judging panel is made up of representatives of the international salvage community.
Nominations open on 31 August and close on 12 November 2018.
Nominate an individual who you think has made an outstanding contribution to improving marine salvage during their career.
The Salvage & Wreck Series is kindly supported by the International Salvage Union. Full ISU members are entitled to a 40% discount. Associate ISU members are entitled to a 25% discount.
To apply for the ISU discount, please contact Vanessa Darnborough by clicking the link below.
Free VIP shipowner tickets
Select industry operators can attend Salvage & Wreck London 2018 conference as VIP guests and as a result will make up a significant portion of our audience.
Find out more details about your eligibility and apply for your VIP pass.
2 events under 1 roof
Introducing the Maritime Accidents and Emergencies Summit
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our first dedicated one-day Maritime Accidents and Emergencies Summit, taking place alongside the main conference on 5 December.
This summit will deliver practical and actionable takeaways for effective planning, prevention and response to maritime incidents.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
Sponsoring the Salvage & Wreck Removal conference 2018 is a fantastic way of raising your company’s profile within this market and creating greater awareness of your brand. Want to know more?
Please contact Dorina Burileanu on +44 (0)20 7017 7141 or email at email@example.com.
Excellent gathering of all parties in the industry, Informa your hard work to enhance the level of the conference has paid off
Very good. Content was interesting and varied. Standard of speaking was very high overall and well chaired
West of England P&I
An event that a reputed professional shouldn’t miss out on
Perfect event to meet all the people in our salvage industry in one place