5 - 7 December 2018
Hilton Tower Bridge,
Collaboration, cooperation and risk management for casualty response and wreck removal
Thank you to all our speakers and attendees for joining us at the 20th Annual Salvage & Wreck conference.
Watch this space for upcoming details of the 2018 Salvage & Wreck conference.
The Salvage & Wreck Awards
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Salvage & Wreck awards for their outstanding contributions to the industry. The winners were as follows:
Environmental Protection Award: Awarded to the International Tanker Owners Pollution Federation (ITOPF), and collected by Miguel Patel, Senior Technical Adviser (left).
New Technology and Innovation Award: Awarded to Siri Marine, and collected by Managing Director and Owner Albert Lenting (centre).
The Lifetime Achievement Award: Awarded to Hugh Shaw OBE, the Secretary of State's Representative (SOSREP), Maritime & Coastguard Agency (right).
Highlights from the December 2017 Agenda:
Facing Commercial Realities
- A discussion of the recent ISU review on industry trends
- The latest statistics on the frequency, size and cost of claims
- Insurers’ roundtable discussions on contracts and claims handling
New Horizons for Salvage
- What new areas of salvage work are likely to emerge in the future?
- Is decommissioning a new frontier or a dead-end for the salvage industry?
- What new skills will be needed to manage new types of casualties?
Follow Your Interests
Four special interest tracks:
1. ) Contracting and claims management: how to achieve the best contractual terms
2.) Managing oil and chemical spills: hear about new trends in spill management and response
3.) New technology for salvage operations: practical demonstrations of new equipment
4.) Emergency response: detailed examination of casualties and how to respond
Wreck Removal & Site Remediation
- What impact has the Nairobi Wreck Removal Convention had so far?
- How can risk analysis be used to decide whether to remove or leave a wreck?
- How far do you go in cleaning up the wreck site – what was the original condition?
- What are the risks of responding to casualties on reefs?
Detailed Case Studies
- Analysis of the challenges for managing the Sewol casualty
- Understand the UK authorities’ reaction to wreck removals with the Fluvius Tamar
- Assess future threats from casualties such as LNG fuelled vessels
Who Will You Meet?
Salvage & Wreck London attracts an international audience of over 200 attendees from across the salvage value chain, including salvors, insurers, legal professionals, P&I correspondents and shipowners. It's the perfect opportunity to build connections with key industry players, or to showcase your product or service to a receptive industry audience.
Key Facts & Figures
Leading Insurers from 2017
National and International Organisations from 2017
The Salvage & Wreck Series is kindly supported by the International Salvage Union. Full ISU members are entitled to a 40% discount. Associate ISU members are entitled to a 25% discount.
To apply for the ISU discount, please contact Vanessa Darnborough
VIP Relationship Management
VIP relationship management is a key part of what makes our events so unique and so valuable to our partners.
For 2017, container shipping operators, cruise line operators and passenger vessel operators attend this event for free as VIP guests and as a result will make up a significant portion of our audience. T&Cs apply.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
Sponsoring the Salvage & Wreck Removal Conference 2017 is a fantastic way of raising your company’s profile within this market and creating greater awareness of your brand. Want to know more?
Please contact Piers Newman: +44 (0)20 337 73120 or email@example.com
Video Highlights from Salvage & Wreck Asia
Ahead of the Salvage & Wreck conference, take a look at the highlights reel from its Singapore based sister event, Salvage & Wreck Asia
Excellent gathering of all parties in the industry, Informa your hard work to enhance the level of the conference has paid off
Very good. Content was interesting and varied. Standard of speaking was very high overall and well chaired
West of England P&I
An event that a reputed professional shouldn’t miss out on
Perfect event to meet all the people in our salvage industry in one place