Collaboration, cooperation and risk management for casualty response and wreck removal
What was discussed in 2018:
Proposals for LOF2 and changes in casualty management
- Have your say on the draft proposals to amend LOF: LOF2 or LOF 'light'
- Examine how P&I and H&M insurers manage an evolving casualty and wreck removal
- Discuss whether claims management is changing due to the rise in bigger claims
- Hear from the ISU and Allianz Global Corporate & Speciality on the latest statistics for casualties and claims
Cargo claims and salvage issues
- What is the charterer/cargo owner's role in a salvage situation?
- How can cargo interests be kept in the loop?
- How to deal with general average
4 special interest tracks
1) Current legal and insurance issues: examine how H&M and P&I approach casualty management and wreck removal
2) Management of environmental risks in salvage: learn about dealing with salvage and wreck removal inside environmentally sensitive areas
3) Dealing with wreck removal challenges: prompt and effective removal of hazardous wrecks in the EEZ
4) New technology for salvage operations: practical demonstrations of new equipment
Developments in casualty management and ports of refuge
- Hear a case study on successful incident management – the ''M/V Betanzos'
- Review prioritisation of steps necessary to allow incident management to be driven by best operational decisions
- Understand authorities' responses to port of refuge requests
Practical one-day workshop: Scenario-based salvage and wreck removal case management
Led by Alex Macinnes & Simon Tatham of Tatham Macinnes and Daniel Dettor, Resolve Marine Group, attendees will examine salvage and wreck removal scenarios based on real-life cases:
- A vessel fire case in the North Atlantic
- A derrick barge wreck removal case in the Gulf of Mexico
- Apply the technical and legal options to a developing situation and discuss the best solutions to be implemented
Salvage & Wreck London attracts an international audience of over 200 attendees from across the salvage value chain, including salvors, insurers, legal professionals, P&I correspondents and shipowners.
It is the perfect opportunity to build connections with key industry players and to showcase your product or service to a receptive industry audience.
Expert speakers from salvage, emergency, legal and insurance backgrounds include:
Key facts and figures
2 events under 1 roof
Introducing the Maritime Accidents and Emergencies Summit
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our first dedicated one-day Maritime Accidents and Emergencies Summit, taking place alongside the main conference on 5 December.
This summit will deliver practical and actionable takeaways for effective planning, prevention and response to maritime incidents.
Free VIP passes available
Members of national coastguards, representatives from search and rescue organisations and navies are entitled to a free pass.
To book your complimentary place, please contact Ellen Minshull on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7017 7257.
Exclusive discounts and free places
Free VIP shipowner tickets
Select industry operators can attend Salvage & Wreck London 2018 conference as VIP guests and as a result will make up a significant portion of our audience.
Find out more details about your eligibility and apply for your VIP pass.
Special government rate
Government employees are entitled to a 50% discount.
To secure your place at this rate, please email Viktoriia at email@example.com.
Maritime Accidents & Emergencies Summit
A limited number of FREE passes is available for members of national coastguards, search and rescue organisations and navies.
The Salvage & Wreck Series is kindly supported by the International Salvage Union. Full ISU members are entitled to a 40% discount. Associate ISU members are entitled to a 25% discount.
To apply for the ISU discount, please contact Vanessa Darnborough by clicking the link below.
The Salvage & Wreck Awards
The Salvage & Wreck Awards aim to recognise the contribution that the maritime industry is making towards improving marine salvage. The Awards are presented for the most innovative technology and services in the past year which show a benefit to the marine salvage sector and which have made most contribution to protecting the marine environment.
The winners for 2018 were:
- Environmental Protection Award: Ardent
- New Technology and Innovation Award: Royal Roos
- Plus The Lifetime Achievement Award: Jeremy Russell QC
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
Sponsoring the Salvage & Wreck Removal conference 2018 is a fantastic way of raising your company’s profile within this market and creating greater awareness of your brand. Want to know more?
Please contact Marina Pospelova on +44 (0) 20 7017 7205 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellent gathering of all parties in the industry, Informa your hard work to enhance the level of the conference has paid off
Very good. Content was interesting and varied. Standard of speaking was very high overall and well chaired
West of England P&I
An event that a reputed professional shouldn’t miss out on
Perfect event to meet all the people in our salvage industry in one place