Explore the legal and commercial complexities of ship arrest today
Attend this seminar to:
- Be guided through the processes of arresting a ship, discussing key considerations regarding the strength of claims, jurisdiction choices and post-arrest ship management
- Receive operational advice for global ship arrest hot spots
- Explore the perspectives of typical claimants and find out why they arrest, and what leverage they look for
- Map the process of arresting a ship, from making the decision to what actions to take after the arrest
- Assess how else you can gain security for a claim
- Examine how ship owners can minimise their exposure to risk
Ship Arrest global hot spots: Receive the latest jurisdictional advice
Our international legal advisors will offer practical and operational advice on the advantages and disadvantages of arresting in their particular jurisdictions including:
- Singapore and other Asian jurisdictions
- South Africa
Benefit from our spotlight sessions addressing
- Comparison of freezing orders and ship arrest
- Maximising your potential of the right to arrest including loss of damage to a cargo
- Negotiating security for release from arrest: what are the best options of acceptable guidance?
- The consequences for the crew during ship arrest
- Banks: Why they make a claim and alternative options
- When ship owners file for bankruptcy
- What are the alternatives to ship arrest
- How should a bunker supplier best secure their credit?
- Managing counter party risk in bunkering
Be updated on the OW Bunker crisis, where are we now?
- Discuss the latest industry implications and lessons learned
- Assess the implications for ship owners of the Supreme Court upholding the Court of Appeal decision in the Res Cogitans OW Bunker UK test case
- Hear from our experts on the leading cases they have been involved in since the OW Bunker insolvency
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Whether it's to improve your operational efficiency, reduce your costs, enhance your business potential, or widen your knowledge we have the training course for you.
If there's an area of the maritime industry that you need to know about it will be covered in our extensive portfolio including technical, legal, offshore, ports and terminals, environment, financial, insurance, fuel management.
What was said about Ship Arrest 2015
“Excellent topics, timely in respect to market conditions”
(AS, National Maritime)
“Another successful event”
(RC, O Rensonides)
Globally delivered customised in-company training solutions from the leading supplier of training to the maritime, logistics and energy industries
In-house training allows you to define the programme that precisely matches your needs. The solution is presented by an established first-rate training organisation, with access to all the latest industry information and news, and at an onsite location of your choice at the time that best suits your people.
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 4455