New agenda for 2017 - 4 distinct training modules
Receive a complete A-Z guide on the maritime shipping industry.
Your course modules include:
Module 1 – Market landscape
Module 2 – Regulation
Module 3 – Law and finance
Module 4 – Shipping operations and technologies
Plus 2 site visits - tour of the IMO and Lloyd's of London, followed by networking drinks
360⁰ Shipping View
- Chairman's Tutorial - Introducing the industry map
- Market Update - Analysis of the global shipping markets
- Ship Finance - In today's market
- Ports and Terminals Sector - Understanding the relationship between ports and shipping lines
- Oil and Gas Industry - How this interfaces with the maritime industry
- Classification Societies - Function, role and importance
Highlights From Your A-Z Shipping Course
- Commercial - Analyse the global shipping markets and assess where the potential opportunities lie for your business
- Technical - Examine the vessel life cycle and get to grips with the basic principles of ship design
- Financial - Calculate the different options for financing ships in today's market
- Legal - Assess the fundamental maritime laws and contractual obligations
2 site visits for 2017
Site visit - Lloyd’s of London: Marine insurance market experience
Encounter the thrills of the trading floor and discover how the insurance market works through Lloyd’s. The visit includes a presentation outlining the history, structure and present-day activities of the Lloyd’s market. The presentation is followed by a tour of the Underwriting Room, the Loss Book and Lutine Bell.
Site visit - IMO Headquarters
Join this tour and learn about the International Maritime Organization – the United Nations specialised agency with responsibility for the safety and security of shipping and the prevention of marine pollution by ships.
Shipping 360 in numbers
Past speakers line up included
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those who have recently joined the maritime sector and those who need to have a better understanding of the entire stakeholder relationship in the sector.
This introductory level course is relevant to:
- Maritime graduates and academics
- Maritime authorities
- Maritime lawyers
- Marine insurers and financiers
- Maritime technology specialists
- Maritime engineering contractors
- Port and terminal owners and operators
What to expect from Shipping 360
Understand the maritime industry stakeholders, commercial drivers and future trends. Maritime fundamentals training programme - get to grips with the global maritime business.
Great experience, learned a lot, the speakers were excellent
Excellent experience and very interactive
Good speakers, good agenda, good facilities!
Very enjoyable and diverse
Bank of Ireland
Globally delivered customised in-company training solutions from the leading supplier of training to the maritime, logistics and energy industries..
In-house training allows you to define the programme that precisely matches your needs. The solution is presented by an established first-rate training organisation, with access to all the latest industry information and news, and at an onsite location of your choice at the time that best suits your people.
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 4455