29 April - 3 May 2019
America Square (Cavendish Venues),
Shipping 360 Training Course
5 days of expert insights. 2 exclusive site visits. Everything you need to know about shipping.
Welcome to the 20th annual Shipping 360 – our revamped comprehensive Background to Shipping course.
An A-Z Guide to the Shipping Industry
- Analysis of the global shipping markets
- A deep dive into global trade economics
- Latest update on sanctions
- An understanding of key regulations such as 2020 Sulphur Cap, SOLAS, STCW
- The role and importance of classification societies
Shipping operations and technology
- Understanding the bunker business
- Future fuels for shipping
- Salvage and wreck removal operations
- Digitalisation and cyber crime in the shipping industry
Law and finance
- Interactive session on maritime law - conventions, bills of lading and fundamental legislation
- Legal complexities of sale and purchase
- Key aspects of time and voyage charterparties
- Introduction to marine insurance
- How to finance a ship in today's market
Interactive sessions and site visits
- London Container Terminal (Tilbury Port) tour on day 1
- Tour of the IMO Headquarters on day 5
- Interactive session on maritime law explained
- Combating piracy simulation
- Chairman's tutorial: creating an industry map of the stakeholders
Dig deeper into the key aspects of shipping
Commercial: Analyse the global shipping markets and assess where the potential opportunities lie for your business
Technical: Examine the vessel life cycle and get to grips with the basic principles of ship design
Financial: Calculate the different options for financing ships in today's market
Legal: Assess the fundamental maritime laws and contractual obligations
Your 2019 lecturers include
Shipping 360 in numbers
Develop your career with LMA and Shipping 360 Training Course
There's a reason why Lloyd's Maritime Academy is the biggest name in maritime career development.
Expertise from across the maritime industry. Practical and theoretical sessions. Engaging site visits.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those who have recently joined the maritime sector and those who need to have a better understanding of the entire stakeholder relationship in the sector.
This introductory level course is relevant to:
- Maritime graduates and academics
- Maritime authorities
- Maritime lawyers
- Marine insurers and financiers
- Maritime technology specialists
- Maritime engineering contractors
- Port and terminal owners and operators
Organisations in Attendance
Previous attendees have included representatives from a diverse range of companies and organisations within the maritime sector.
Take your career further
Shipping 360 Training Course is now officially CPD-accredited. Those attending the training will be able to claim a CPD certificate for their learning and networking activities.
For more information on the CPD accreditation, credits and how to claim your certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect from Shipping 360
Understand the maritime industry stakeholders, commercial drivers and future trends. Maritime fundamentals training programme - get to grips with the global maritime business.
Great experience, learned a lot, the speakers were excellent
Excellent experience and very interactive
Good speakers, good agenda, good facilities!
Very enjoyable and diverse
Bank of Ireland
GET MORE FROM LMA
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399