29 April - 3 May 2019
Cavendish Venues (America Square),
Shipping 360 Training Course
5 days of expert insights. 2 exclusive site visits. Everything you need to know about shipping.
Welcome to the 20th annual Shipping 360 – our revamped comprehensive Background to Shipping course.
An A-Z Guide to the Shipping Industry
A 360⁰ View of Shipping
- Chairman's Tutorial - Introducing the industry map
- Market Overview - Analysis of global shipping markets
- Ship Finance - Understanding money in today's market
Specific Industry Focus
- Ports and Terminals Sector - Understanding the relationship between ports and shipping lines
- Oil and Gas Industry - How the energy and maritime sectors interface and overlap
- Classification Societies - Function, role and importance
The Commercial & Technical Perspective
- Commercial - Analyse the global shipping markets and assess where the potential opportunities lie for your business
- Technical - Examine the vessel life cycle and get to grips with the basic principles of ship design
The Financial & Legal Angle
- Financial - Calculate the different options for financing ships in today's market
- Legal - Assess the fundamental maritime laws and contractual obligations
Site visit to Lloyd’s of London
Experience the thrills of the trading floor and discover how the insurance market works through Lloyd’s. The visit includes a presentation outlining the history, structure and present-day activities of the Lloyd’s market. The presentation is followed by a tour of the Underwriting Room, the Loss Book and Lutine Bell.
Site Visit to the Headquarters of the IMO
Join this tour and learn about the International Maritime Organization – the United Nations specialised agency with responsibility for the safety and security of shipping and the prevention of marine pollution by ships.
Shipping 360 in numbers
Expertise from Across the Maritime Industry. Practical and Theoretical Sessions. Engaging Site Visits.
There's a reason why Lloyd's Maritime Academy is the biggest name in maritime career development. Discover what the LMA experience can do for your career at the Shipping 360 Training Course.
Your 2018 lecturers include
Organisations in Attendance
Previous attendees have included representatives from a diverse range of companies and organisations within the maritime sector.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those who have recently joined the maritime sector and those who need to have a better understanding of the entire stakeholder relationship in the sector.
This introductory level course is relevant to:
- Maritime graduates and academics
- Maritime authorities
- Maritime lawyers
- Marine insurers and financiers
- Maritime technology specialists
- Maritime engineering contractors
- Port and terminal owners and operators
What to expect from Shipping 360
Understand the maritime industry stakeholders, commercial drivers and future trends. Maritime fundamentals training programme - get to grips with the global maritime business.
Great experience, learned a lot, the speakers were excellent
Excellent experience and very interactive
Good speakers, good agenda, good facilities!
Very enjoyable and diverse
Bank of Ireland
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399