12 - 14 November 2018
Intercontinental Times Square,
New York City, NY
Think Big. Start Small. Scale Fast.
Digitalize Your Fleet. Maintain Your Bottom Line.
Gain fresh insights into business strategies, trends, technologies, processes & projects transforming ships through digitalization.
The numbers that matter
How artificial intelligence will shape shipping in the future
How do we define what artificial intelligence is?
What are the benefits in a business setting? How do we move from a strategic to operational setting?
What is the future for AI, what operational implications does it have for the shipping industry?
What will be the long term benefits for shipping, people and the future business?
Breaking down the digital silos
All businesses, not just the shipping sector, need to anticipate and adapt to change. Doing this quickly ensures you stay ahead of your competitors and maintain the bottom line. Digitalisation opens the door by increasing operational advantage by making processes and people more efficient.
- Our experts examine what barriers are against digitalisation and how to overcome them
- Find out how the shipping market can benefit from technology integration
- What does success look like? How will this be measured?
Leading and managing change
Your workforce is important. Fostering a culture of security in an environment of change is a tough challenge for any leader but it is vital to ensure staff work to the optimum and don't feel left behind.
- What are the new processes for employees in day to day operations?
- Improve communication and provide necessary training to upskill your team
- Define what the new expectations are; identify what new skills are required from your workforce
Data is a valuable commodity in the global shipping sector and an attractive target for cyber criminals. As businesses automate more of their processes and store sensitive information digitally, there has been an increase of cyber attacks in an attempt to steal what has become a business's most valuable asset.
- Lessons learnt from previous attacks on large corporates like Maersk and Cosco - what are the implications for smaller businesses which operate on smaller budgets?
- Identify operational vulnerabilities on a vessel- who and what is most susceptible to attack? How do you protect the weakest link?
- Where does liability sit?
- How to remove human error? Cyber protection software is effective, and it is usually human error that introduces malware to your system. How to train staff to identify risks and avoid them.
Use data to your advantage
Collecting data is pointless unless there is a clear purpose and method for interpreting it and using the results for an effective and practical outcome.
- Identify what data you actually need and why
- Work with all elements of the supply chain to gather the right information
- Transform your fleet operations with the right analytical tools to interpret your data
- What strategy needs to be in place to identify trends?
Digital disruptors are also affecting port and terminal operations for the better. Manual and outdated processes are becoming a icon of the past with terminal operators looking to increase speed, efficiency and communication across the supply chain.
- Is the upside of digital transformation clear?
- Can all ports adapt and change fast enough?
- Adopt a strong competitive edge by lowering costs and improving speed of processes
- What are the strategies to obtain buy in across different stakeholder parties?
- Time is of the essence - ensure you don't get left behind as ports embrace digital processes to move the industry into the future and beyond
PRE-CONFERENCE US MARITIME CYBER SECURITY SUMMIT WITH SPEAKERS FROM US CHAMBER OF SHIPPING & USCG.
A full day workshop looking at the dangers and solutions for cyber security. Attend and find out how to protect your business and your clients from hacks. With an increasing rise of digital malware, it is more important than ever to have the tools to protect your company data, and show that you are taking the steps to do this. We will be looking at all angles: regulatory, legal and insurance. Don’t let a stranger destroy your ship from the inside out!
Shipping2030 North America at a glance - The 2018 Focus Areas
The Economy Of Digitalization
Bottom Line Strategies
The New Digital Mesh
Digital Strategy Integration
Leadership In Digital Age
Consolidation & Collaboration
PR, Marketing, Social Media
Managing In Culture Change
Enhanced Ship To Land Connection
Cyber Security Risk Management
Big Data & Vessel Tracking
New Blockchain Projects
Want to grow your business in 2019?
We create bespoke packages for individual firms taking into account their strategies and budgets.
Want to know more?
Contact Piers on +44 (0) 20 337 73120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get expert insight
Our recent ePaper Digital Transformation and Integration into the Maritime Industry takes a holistic look over the shipping’s digital efforts, and highlights some of the most exciting ventures happening right now!
Inside this paper:
- An exclusive interview with SeaMachines CEO Michael Johnson on the upcoming project with Maersk
- An honest look at the maritime industry’s state of cybersecurity with penetration tester (or ethical hacker) Ken Munro, Founder and Partner at Pen Test Partners
- A summary by KD Adamson, Futurist & CEO of Futurenautics