Time and Voyage Charterparties
- Identify your obligations under the charter agreement and structure your operations cost-effectively
- Explore common problem clauses and disputes to improve your charterparty negotiations
- Tailor your contracts to suit your operations and discuss off-hire and ship performance clauses
- Assess the charterparty period and withdrawal charges to understand how legal principles apply to your business
Time Charterparties Programme at a Glance
- Understanding common problems with the charterparty period
- Examining legal obligations and charter's rights
- Safe ports, berths and places
- Off-hire clauses and responsibility for cargo claims
- Hire and right of withdrawal for late payment
Voyage Charterparties Programme at a Glance
- Loading and unloading cargo – what is expected from the charterer?
- The shipowner’s obligations in relation to the voyage and delivery
- Understanding standard clauses in charterparty agreements
- Laytime, demurrage and despatch money
- Role Play Session - Listen to a dialogue of a dispute between a shipowner and charterer over the contractual promise of safe port berthing
- Live Inbox Exercise - Analyse a real-time charterparty scenario to understand hire and performance issues and key developments in practice
- Interactive Workshop - Calculate methods for speed and consumption claims
Globally delivered customised in-company training solutions from the leading supplier of training to the maritime, logistics and energy industries.
In-house training allows you to define the programme that precisely matches your needs. The solution is presented by an established first-rate training organisation, with access to all the latest industry information and news, and at an onsite location of your choice at the time that best suits your people.
The Time & Voyage Charterparties Seminars are CPD affiliated
If you would like to claim CPD points for attending this conference, please let us know upon registration, or email email@example.com