Informa Maritime is part of the Knowledge and Networking Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
This session aims to highlight how vessel tracking data can be used by different shipping businesses to their advantage, drilling down into the benefits and uses for the following sectors:
• What are the deficiencies of AIS?
• Importance of combining Satellite with Terrestrial AIS
• Other available sources of intelligence that can enhance the maritime picture
• What is the future of commercial vessel tracking?
• AIS vs LRIT vs S-AIS
• Beyond vessel tracking: what value do satellites and communication technologies add beyond monitoring?
• A look to the future
• Where does the data come from?
• What’s the accuracy of this information?
• What can you do with it?
• Understanding various usage requirements and how different requirements necessitate different solutions
• How much data do you need?
• Where & how should you store it once you’ve got it?
• Ensuring reliability of data
• Data analytics and predictive analytics solutions