What you missed in 2015
What was new at BWMTech 2015?
What was new?
- Regulatory update from the IMO on the BWM Convention
- BIMCO reveal the future plans for Port State Control enforcement and best practice sampling methods for compliance
- US EPA discuss the VGP monitoring plan and best practice VGP management
- Testing facilities discuss the USCG type approval standards and their procedures for ship-board and land-based testing
How did delegates connect in 2015?
In order to ensure that the event was tailored to delegates' needs we implemented new built in features.
Using the 'My BWMTech' app, attendees could view the delegate list online two weeks prior to the event, message fellow attendees, and receive live event announcements.
Sli.do - Delegates could pose questions online and the event chairman ensured that they were answered during the conference.
What can I expect in 2016?
- Clarification on the current developments with ballast water regulations
- Updates from the 70th Session of Marine Environment Protection Committee
- Feedback from the IMO on status of the Ballast Water Convention
- Lessons learnt from those implementing the latest ballast water technologies
50+ Shipowner Attendees
Shipowner attendees of the BWMTech Series include:
- A.P. MollerMaersk A/S
- Algoma Central Corporation
- BG Group Bibby Subsea
- Carnival Cruise Line
- CSL International Ltd
- Disney Cruise Lines
- Genco Shipping and Trading Limited
- Groupe Desgagnes
- Harvey Gulf International
- Marine Keystone Shipping Company
- North Star Maritime, Inc
- OSG Ship Management Inc
- Princess Cruises
- Wilhelmsen Holding ASA
- Eagle Shipping International (USA) LLC
- Tropical Shipping
- Stevens Towing Company
- Seacor Ocean Transport
- Royal Caribbean International
Don't just take our word for it, hear what some of our 2015 sponsors and attendees had to say...
"You want to be here in London. This event draws the people you want to talk to" - Mark Riggio, Product Manager at Hyde Marine
"The contacts that you make here and the relationships that you build at the event allow you to solve problems in the environment" - John P Dooley, President at Choice Ballast Solutions.